FCC's Powell Opens Up On 3G And Spectrum
- Powell exports his views on minimal regulation to Europe. Johnstone, Bill // Euronet;Jun2001, Issue 12, p51
Looks at the prospects of telecommunication with Michael Powell as chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Background of Powell; Outline of regulatory philosophy to European colleagues; Difference of the European approach to telecommunication from that of the U.S. approach.
- Out With The Old, In With New. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;01/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1
Forecasts the changes at the United States (U.S.) Federal Communications Commission (FCC) under the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush. Revamp of the FCC structure; Forecasts on the platform of FCC Commissioner Michael Powell; Issues in wireless communication systems that the FCC...
- FCC Puts Bidders On Hold--Again. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell to hold the reimbursement of bidders in the re-auctioned NextWave Telecom Inc. spectrum until pending legal action is completed. Reactions from industry executives; Amount of the reimbursement offer.
- The Spectrum Plot Thickens. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p41
Focuses on the controversies surrounding the frequency spectrum sector in the U.S. Decision of Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell to hold its anticipated plan to return a portion of the deposits; Plans of the commission for a task force to come up with a spectrum...
- Which Watchdog For Telecom? Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;Aug2002, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p4
Focuses on the debate over which U.S. federal agency regulates certain aspects of telecommunication in the U.S. Reputation of the Federal Communications Commission under the leadership of Michael Powell; Details on the Telecom Act of 1996.
- Martin-Powell Chronicles: Dissension in FCC Ranks. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p1
Comments on the policy of U.S. Federal Communications Chairman (FCC) Michael Powell. Displeasure of FCC member Kevin Martin; Issuance of dissents and disapproval suggesting conflicts with the policies and leadership of FCC chairman Michael Powell; Complaints on delegating a job to a staff that...
- Policy priorities. Pearce, Alan // America's Network;11/15/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 17, p26
Examines the telecommunication policy of United States Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell. Agreement among his predecessors; How he plans to monitor anti-competitive behavior; Areas in telecommunication which will be affected by his policies.
- New Era At The FCC. Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;Feb2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p6
Editorial. Offers observation on the views of Michael Powell, chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), about telecom deregulation. Hints on how Powell will approach the telecommunication deregulation issue; Powell's comments on the power struggle that lies at the...
- Powell To Successor -- Don't Be Timid. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;3/7/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the advice given by Michael Powell, outgoing chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), for his successor. Statement from Powell on an event held by the Silicon Flatirons Telecommunications Program in February 2005; Important consideration for an FCC chairman;...
- Powell seeks to use more auction revenues for TDF. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the plan of U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Michael Powell to use auction revenues for the Telecommunications Development Fund. Reasons behind the move; Views of FCC Commissioner Jonathan Adelstein on the issue; Plan of the mobile phone industry to use auction...