Nokia Handset Problem Causes Industry Headache
- Nokia Obtains CDMA License for China. // Electronic News;6/9/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 23, pN.PAG
Deals with the announcement of Nokia that the Chinese government has granted it a license to manufacture and sell more mobile terminals using Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) technology. Schedule of the company's delivery of CDMA terminals in the country; Implications of the manufacturing...
- CDG reports 43 M subscribers worldwide. // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p25
Informs on the CDMA Development Group's numbers on cdmaOne subscribers worldwide at the end of September 1999.
- CDMA Moves Ahead With 3G While UMTS Lacks Equipment. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;6/17/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the performance of the code division multiple access (CDMA) technology in the wireless market. Conference hosted by the CDMA Development Group; Commercialization of the next phase of CDMA 1X technology; Problems encountered by the Universal Mobile Telecommunication System.
- CDG Tests Its Strength. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p1
Discusses several statements issued by panelists and speakers at the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) Development Group's (CDG) annual festival held in late October 2001 in San Diego, California, with regard to the success and promise of CDMA. George Gilder, chairman and editor of Gilder...
- CDG hopes to spur location technologies. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;07/20/98, Vol. 235 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the CDMA Development Group's coordination of location technology trials among member carriers and vendors in the market for code division multiple access. Technologies to be focuses on by the trials; Purpose of the trials.
- Group seeks a single name for all CDMA technology offerings. Luna, Lynette // RCR;12/16/96, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p3
Reports that the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) Development Group (CDG) is seeking a single name for its family of products. Comments from Perry LaForge, executive director of the CDG; When the CDG is expected to select a name; Ways in which the CDMA can succeed; What the customers care...
- CDMA technology growing by leaps and bounds. // Caribbean Business;10/2/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p35
Reports on the number of subscribers added by Code-Division Multiple Access (CDMA) carriers in the second quarter of 2003 according to CDMA Development Group; Total number of CDMA users; Average annual growth rate; Percentage of user who use third-generation technology;
- CDG welcomes new members. // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p27
States that the CDMA Development Group has welcomed to its group member companies such as Telecom New Zealand and Cadence Design Systems Inc. involved in code division multiple access services.
- CDG plans cdmaOne apps for Mexico. // RCR;06/08/98, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p28
Reports on the plans announced by the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) Development Group, to deploy cdmaOne technology in Mexico's personal communications services and wireless loop markets in California. Goal of the group; Population of Mexico; Identification of the companies which offer...