Warnings: Signs Of Worse To Come?
- InsWeb Corp. Experience Better In 4th Qtr.; Posts Smaller Loss As It Drives For #1 Position. // Insurance Advocate;02/05/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p41
Reports that InsWeb Corp. has posted smaller fourth-quarter loss in 1999. Total financial loss of the company; Forecast of First Call/Thompson Financial on the financial losses of the company fourth-quarter 1999; Status on the number of hits received by the company in the 1999 third quarter;...
- AT COMPTEL, SIGNS OF CLEC LIFE AMID REGULATORY UNCERTAINTY. Bischoff, Gleen // Telephony;10/13/2003, Vol. 224 Issue 20, p16
Reports on the improved financial outlook of the wireless telecommunication sector in the U.S. Factors contributed to the improved financial outlook; Services provided by the sector; Impact of the restructuring of the sector on its profitability.
- Light at the End of the Tunnel. O'Connell, Dan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p18
Reports the increased demand for wireline and wireless services in the U.S. Forecast on the service revenues; Reliance of businesses to telecommunication; Description of the telecommunications environment.
- How a 3G world measures up. Fitchard, Kevin // Wireless Review;Mar2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p10
Presents graphical representations of third generation technology revenues. Forecast on data revenues by 2007; Voice and data average monthly revenue per U.S. subscriber; Comparison of the market for data and voice-only subscribers; Revenue forecast on wireless gaming.
- IDC: Consumer Declines in Wireless Industry, Despite Business Growth. // Electronic News;4/3/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 14, p31
The article reports on a forecast of International Data Corp. on the condition of the wireless service provider industry in the U.S. as of April 3, 2006. In 2005, the industry recorded an estimated 21.8 million new subscribers. Decline in the total voice revenue is expected from 2008 to 2009....
- Sierra releases wireless adapter. // RCR Wireless News;7/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p22
Introduces the AirPath 300 wireless adapter from Sierra Wireless. Partnership of Sierra Wireless with OmniSky; Earnings expectations of the company for the second quarter of 2001.
- Quarter is good to wireless vendors. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p1
Looks at the financial reports posted by several wireless communication providers for the second quarter of 1999. Role of the decline in sales of Ericsson in the termination of its president Sven-Christer Nilsson; Increase in net sales experienced by Nokia Corp.; Factors influencing the...
- Operating profits soar for wireless industry. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;4/17/2003, p5
Reports on the increase of operating profits of wireless service providers in Canada during the year 2002. Reasons for decrease in revenues and profits of wireline industry; Ratio of digital subscribers to subscribers of wireless services; Information on reduction of capital expenditure of...
- Playing on the market slide. Schwaninger Jr., Robert H. // Mobile Radio Technology;May2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p10
Comments on the negative effect of the use of shareholder money on the profit base of wireless communication companies in the United States. Decrease of corporate earnings; Reduction of stock prices; Lack of consideration for the time period to gain profitability.