Surviving And Emerging From Bankruptcy
- Metrocall, WebLink plan unprecedented merger. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p2
Reports that Metrocall Inc. and WebLink Wireless Inc. announced a plan to merge by filing for bankruptcy in the United States as of April 2001. Benefit of the merger to their business; Conditions of the merger.
- Chances faint for WebLink-Metrocall connection. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the withdrawal of Metrocall's merger agreement with WebLink Wireless Inc. in May 2001. Reasons for Metrocall's move; Financial situation of WebLink.
- WebLink Streamlines Operations. // Wireless Week;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the decision of WebLink Wireless Inc. to consolidate its business units into two, as of November 2001. Purpose of the move; Description of the new carrier services unit.
- WebLink would like to pair with SkyTel. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p18
Reports on the dismissal of Arch Wireless Incorporated's proposal to acquire WebLink Wireless Inc. Reason for the failure of the deal; Background of the companies; Details of the bankruptcy protection filed by Arch.
- Still Optimistic, ReFlex Carriers Join Forces. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;3/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the emergence of WebLink Wireless Inc. from bankruptcy following an acquisition deal with Sun Capital Acquisition Corp. Distinction of WebLink from other companies trying penetrate the wireless data market; Information on WebLink's ReFlex network; Terms of the deal with Sun Capital.
- Paging industry begins to outpace bankruptcy cycle. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;9/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p8
Presents an update on the financial health of some paging and messaging operators in the U.S. as of September 16, 2002. Recovery of WebLink Wireless Inc. from bankruptcy; Approval of the reorganization plan of Metrocall Inc. by the Bankruptcy Court; Plans of WorldCom company for its SkyTel...
- Metrocall Re-evaluates Merger. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p5
Reports that Metrocall Inc. is seeking to renegotiate the terms of its planned merger with two-way wireless messaging rival WebLink Wireless Incorporated. Action taken by WebLink that disappointed Metrocall shareholders; Factor that will affect the outcome of the merger plan; What attracted...
- Two-way Providers Pare Positions. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p5
Reports on the plan of wireless electronic mail messaging providers Metrocall Inc. and Web Link Wireless Inc. to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the United States to facilitate their merger. Expectations of the companies that their merger would enable them to stay competitive in the industry;...
- Contesting The 'Killer Application' Careless, James // Wireless Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p26
Focuses on the ReFLEX 3.0 protocol of Motorola which is the favored application of WebLink Wireless Inc. and MetroCall Inc. for their instant messaging services. How the ReFLEX protocol works; Benefits of quadrupling a wireless data carrier's network capacity; Prediction on instant messaging.