Great Wall In China?
- Get Asia now, pay later. Greenwald, John; Curry, Tom // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/10/94, Issue 41, p55
Focuses on patent violations suffered by American companies expanding in China. DuPont's experience with Chinese imitators; Chinese demands that foreign traders share their business know-how as a condition for doing business in China; American firms' construction of plants in populous Chinese...
- The Attack of the Killer Carriers. // Telecom Asia;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the emergence of American telecommunications industry in Asia. Range of voice fax and data services offered by the American carriers; Advantage of liberalization along transatlantic routes; Lists of existing American carriers in the Asian telecommunication market.
- Communications, Data Deals Accelerate. Micossi, Anita // Corporate Legal Times;Jan2001, Vol. 11 Issue 110, pBWB6
Focuses on the attention of foreign businesses to seek acquisitions and ventures in the telecommunication industry in the United States. Purchase of Verio Inc. by Japan's NTT Communications Corp.; Acquisition of Lycos Inc. by Terra Networks from Spain.
- Getting U.S. goods on the shelves. Lyle, Gwen // Business America;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 117 Issue 1/2, p12
Focuses on American companies' interest in the rising Chinese purchasing power on consumer goods. Access to western goods through television; Challenges to entering the Chinese market; Guidelines for investing in the retail sector; Joint ventures in the manufacturing industry. INSET:...
- `Come to Shanghai and we'll put you into the center of things'. // Business America;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 117 Issue 1/2, p20
Focuses on the United States government's national export strategy in China. Opening of a commercial center in Shanghai, China, on July 1996; Services offered to American businesses.
- Companies cautiously eye Mideast. Crabtree, Penni // San Diego Business Journal;5/9/94, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p1
Presents Israel as an entry point for companies doing business with the Middle East. Caution and reluctance of companies to enter the region; Activity of 25 San Diego firms in Israel; Development of trade and industry between the United States and Israel; Opening of Israel to new markets in...
- CHINA'S OPPORTUNITIES FOR AMERICAN FIRMS. Leshnower, Susan // Management Review;Jul88, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p48
Reports on China's opportunities for U.S. firms. Purchasing process; Foreign exchange; Financing; Joint ventures.
- When pro-American is anti-American. // America's Network;05/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p12
Deals with the impact of the efforts of Charlene Barshevsky to open foreign markets for competition on some telecommunications operators in the United States (US). Examples of the foreign telecommunications operators defending themselves against liberalization pressures from competitors and the...
- Experts at export. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p12
Comments on the trade relations between China and the United States. Information on the air pollutants from China that reach Denver, Colorado; Assessment on the telecommunication industries of both countries; Third-generation wireless communication system standard which China has adopted.