- Leveraging Split-Family Split-Dollar Life Insurance Plans. Forgays, Janice A. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/15/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 38, p14
The article discusses the application of a cash-value life insurance policy using a traditional split dollar arrangement as a solution to benefit different families raised from one breadwinner in the U.S. Under the plan, the current spouse retains the right to pure risk insurance or...
- Split dollar life insurance: Ten ways to solve problems and save taxes. Craig Sullivan, J.; Miller, Milton // CPA Journal;Sep95, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p70
Provides advice to split dollar life insurance problems. Split dollar concept; Total account split dollar; Gift tax free split dollar; Business owner's split dollar; Switch dollar; Private split dollar; Stock redemption split dollar; Cross purchase split dollar; Impaired risk split dollar;...
- Looking for tax relief? Try a split dollar plan. Jenkins, Gary E. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Mar1994, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p66
Reports on the use of the split dollar program (SDP) as tax relief. Method for financing the purchase of a life insurance; Collateral assignment arrangement as SDP approach; Accumulation of equity above the company's cumulative premium payments.
- Equity split $ attracts new talent. Gallagher, Hill // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/28/94, Vol. 98 Issue 9, p7
Talks about equity split-dollar insurance policies. Concern of people for a long retirement; Forms of split-dollar policies; Features of the policies.
- Taxpayer wins challenge on split dollar. Chandler, Darlene // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/11/94, Vol. 98 Issue 15, p17
Reports on the decision on the court case Healy versus United States concerning split dollar life insurance policies. Revenue rulings 66-110 and 67-154; Fact that companies issuing policies used in split dollar arrangements should be mindful of.
- Reverse split $ fits key person ins. Sowerwine, Robert W. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/4/94, Vol. 98 Issue 27, p23
No abstract available.
- Breaking through the barrier to advanced markets. King, Carole // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/21/97, Vol. 101 Issue 29, p25
Opinion. Gives the authors concept of split dollar relating to insurance. Reference to the Internal Revenue Service, a primer which described the functions of Split Dollar; Comments on advanced estate and insurance planning concepts.
- Split dollar exit strategies. Budihas, John S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/1/97, Vol. 101 Issue 35, p7
Offers advice about the most cost and tax effective strategies for exiting a split dollar plan. Tips listed.
- Aggressive split dollar--part 1. Schindler, John O. // LAN: Life Association News;May98, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p70
Part I. Suggests an aggressive option for the C corporation in the settlement of the split dollar policies at the end of the agreement. Declaring that the agreement is an uncollectible debt, thereby taking a tax deduction on the premiums.