Impact of different food label formats on healthiness evaluation and food choice of consumers: a randomized-controlled study
- Industry welcomes Conservative Party's proposals to battle obesity. // Food Manufacture;Sep2008, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the support of the food industry to the proposal for a future Conservative government to forge a non-bureaucratic partnership with processors in a bid to tackle concerns over obesity in Great Britain. According to the Food and Drink Federation (FDF), Andrew Lansley's...
- Foodservice 101: The Basics. // Convenience Store News;Jun2012, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p78
The article focuses on the importance of menu labeling for food service providers in the U.S. It mentions about the rising cases of obesity in the U.S., which has tripled in the past 20 years and states that labeling the calorie content in a food item will enable consumers to monitor their...
- Obesity prevention and personal responsibility: the case of front-of-pack food labelling in Australia. Magnusson, Roger S. // BMC Public Health;2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p662
Background: In Australia, the food industry and public health groups are locked in serious struggle for regulatory influence over the terms of front-of-pack food labelling. Clear, unambiguous labelling of the nutritional content of pre-packaged foods and of standardized food items sold in chain...
- Some food labels still may be erroneous. The Associated Press // Marketing News;9/24/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p52
The article reports on results of tests conducted by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and obtained by the "South Florida Sun-Sentinel" newspaper showing several items with inaccurate food labels. It claims that three out of four diet products tested by the department...
- food labels: what do they mean? Thompson, Sue // Australian Parents;Apr/May2003, p58
Focuses on the changes on to labelling on food packages in Australia, as of June 2003. Explanation on the nutrition information panel; Nutrients that may be listed; Information on the ingredient list.
- What the marks mean... // Checkout;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p22
The article offers information on different marks on consumer goods in Ireland. The Love Irish Food mark applies to branded and packaged good and drink products and products with 80% added value in the Republic of Ireland. Bord Bia Quality Mark can be seen on meat, eggs and vegetables and only...
- Health Star Rating food labelling scheme gets the go-ahead. CARTWRIGHT, ANGELA // Choice;Aug2014, p5
The article reports on the Health Star Rating food labelling scheme that has been approved by the federal, state and territory government food health ministers of Australia.
- FRONT-OF-PACK INFO COMING, MANDATE OR NOT. // Food & Beverage Packaging;Mar2011, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the move of food and beverage industry to put nutritional information on the fronts of their packages in the U.S.
- Labelling, obesity and the Titanic's deckchairs. // Food Manufacture;Dec2012, Vol. 87 Issue 12, p12
The article discusses issues related to food labeling in Great Britain. The author believes that traffic light labels on composite foods and ready meals is beneficial where information is not otherwise easy to gauge and compare. It is informed that supermarkets should have one huge red traffic...