Association of parents' alcohol use and family interaction with the initiation of alcohol use by sixth graders: A preliminary study in Taiwan
- ANÃLISIS DE FACTORES QUE INFLUYEN SOBRE EL USO DE ALCOHOL DE NIÃ‘OS: UN PATH ANÃLISIS PROSPECTIVO. Pilatti, Angelina; Carlos Godoy, Juan; Alejandra Brussino, Silvina // Health & Addictions / Salud y Drogas;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p155
The present study was aimed to analyze the impact of different risk factors and one protective factor on the frequency of alcohol consumption in children. In addition, it was sought to analyze the meditational role of alcohol expectancies in the relation between more distal factors and alcohol...
- Alcohol consumption and hazardous drinking in western Kenya--a household survey in a health and demographic surveillance site. Jenkins, Rachel; Othieno, Caleb; Ongeri, Linnet; Kiima, David; Sifuna, Peter; Kingora, James; Omollo, Raymond; Ogutu, Bernhards // BMC Psychiatry;9/26/2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p10
Background: Alcohol use and hazardous drinking have been studied in school children and in urban areas of Kenya, but there has been no adult survey of these issues in a rural household population. Methods: This study reports the prevalence of alcohol consumption and hazardous drinking in a...
- Daily Work-Family Conflict and Alcohol Use: Testing the Cross-Level Moderation Effects of Peer Drinking Norms and Social Support. Mo Wang; Songqi Liu; Yujie Zhan; Junqi Shi // Journal of Applied Psychology;Mar2010, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p377
In the current study, we conducted daily telephone interviews with a sample of Chinese workers (N = 57) for 5 weeks to examine relationships between daily work-family conflict and alcohol use. Drawn from the tension reduction theory and the stressor-vulnerability model, daily work-family...
- START TALKING BEFORE THEY START DRINKING. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);11/ 3/2011, Vol. 114 Issue 44, p3A
The article offers an advice to start talking with the children before they learn to drink at the age of 15.
- etc. // Missoula Independent;4/21/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p7
The article offers information on a legal charge for persons that tolerate unlawful drinking at parties, mentioning Angela Merritt a mother who was charged with endangering the welfare of children for hosting a party where high school kids are found out drinking alcoholic beverages.
- An analysis of the drinking trends of school age children in Sunderland. McInnes, Alison; Blackwell, David // Education & Health;2010, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p23
The article focuses on a study to determine the self-reported drinking behavior of school age children in Sunderland, England. A questionnaire was given to two age groups of secondary school children over the course of 10 years at two yearly intervals. Age groups studied were children of the...
- Alcohol guidance: views sought. // Community Practitioner;Mar2009, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p12
The article offers information about the new alcohol guidance for young people in England from the Department of Children, Schools and Families. It states that the guidance recommends that children aged below 15 years should not drink alcohol, while those aged 15 to 17 years should only drink...
- Scots children less likely to buy booze from retailer says SALSUS. Hawthorne, Ellis // Grocer;10/29/2016, following p21
The article discusses the results of the 2016 Scottish Adolescent Lifestyle and Substance Use Survey which revealed that schoolchildren in Scotland are less likely to buy alcohol from a retailer and more likely from home, relatives and friends.
- Differential relationships of family drinking with alcohol expectancy among urban school children. Chuan-Yu Chen; Storr, Carla L.; Chieh-Yu Liu; Kuang-Hung Chen; Chen, Wei J.; Keh-Ming Lin // BMC Public Health;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p87
Background: Positive alcohol outcome expectancy has consistently been linked with problematic drinking, but there is little population-based evidence on its role on early stages of drinking in childhood. The present study seeks to understand the extent to which drinking of family members is...