Feasibility, design and conduct of a pragmatic randomized controlled trial to reduce overweight and obesity in children: The electronic games to aid motivation to exercise (eGAME) study
- Clinical practice. Cohen, Meryl // European Journal of Pediatrics;Aug2012, Vol. 171 Issue 8, p1145
Childhood obesity has reached epidemic proportions in many parts of the world. This epidemic has also affected children and adults with congenital heart disease (CHD). Over one quarter of children with CHD are overweight or obese. Important comorbidities are associated with obesity including...
- WpÅ‚yw otÅ‚uszczenia na wyskiepienie stÃ³p i uksztaÅ‚towanie koÃ±czyn dolnych u 7-latkÃ³w. // Physiotherapy / Fizjoterapia;2010, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p10
No abstract available.
- Effect of fatness on feet arching and lower limbs development in 7-year-olds. // Physiotherapy / Fizjoterapia;2010, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p10
No abstract available.
- The motivation to be sedentary predicts weight change when sedentary behaviors are reduced. Epstein, Leonard H.; Roemmich, James N.; Cavanaugh, Meghan D.; Paluch, Rocco A. // International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition & Physical Activit;2011, Vol. 8, p13
Background: Obesity is correlated with a sedentary lifestyle, and the motivation to be active or sedentary is correlated with obesity. The present study tests the hypothesis that the motivation to be active or sedentary is correlated with weight change when children reduce their sedentary...
- An overview on childhood obesity. Koukourikos, K.; Lavdaniti, M.; Avramika, M. // Progress in Health Sciences;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p128
Introduction: Childhood obesity is a modern epidemic situation and is the most frequent eating disorder. The importance of childhood obesity has driven many researchers to investigate and study its etiology, consequences, and interventions for managing it. Purpose: To review the factors which...
- Tipping the scales early: probing the long-term effects of obesity. Chen Liu; Elmquist, Joel K. // Journal of Clinical Investigation;Nov2012, Vol. 122 Issue 11, p3840
Obesity has reached epidemic proportions in the United States, and obesity-related illnesses have become a leading preventable cause of death. Child-hood obesity is also growing in frequency, and the impact of a lifetime spent in the overweight state is only beginning to emerge in the...
- Contributions of Incidence and Persistence to the Prevalence of Childhood Obesity during the Emerging Epidemic in Denmark. Andersen, Lise Geisler; Baker, Jennifer L.; Sørensen, Thorkild I. A.; Guoying Wang // PLoS ONE;Aug2012, Vol. 7 Issue 8, Special section p1
Background: Prevalence of obesity is the result of preceding incidence of newly developed obesity and persistence of obesity. We investigated whether increasing incidence and/or persistence during childhood drove the prevalence of childhood obesity during the emerging epidemic. Methods:...
- Editorial: Mandate lifestyle changes to control chronic disease. // Research Review (International Council on Active Aging);2/17/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p3
The article argues that a sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits are resulting in an epidemic.
- A 12-year follow-up study of treated obese children in Japan. Togashi, K.; Masuda, H.; Rankinen, T.; Tanaka, S.; Bouchard, C.; Kamiya, H. // International Journal of Obesity & Related Metabolic Disorders;Jun2002, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p770
Assesses tracking for body weight from childhood to adulthood in obese Japanese children who were treated for obesity. Relationship between the changes in body weight status and morbidity; Identity correlates of the changes in body weight status; Decrease of the risk for adult chronic diseases.