2The role of controlling behaviour in intimate partner violence and its health effects: a population based study from rural Vietnam
- Prevalence estimate of intimate partner violence in Jordan. Clark, C. J.; Bloom, D. E.; Hill, A. G.; Silverman, J. G. // Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal;jul/ago2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p880
This study examined the prevalence of intimate partner violence in Jordan among a sample of 517 reproductive health clinic attendees. Intimate partner violence was measured using the World Health Organization's domestic violence questionnaire which was modified by the results of focus group...
- Intimate partner violence. Ferris, Lorraine E. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/7/2007, Vol. 334 Issue 7596, p706
The article presents an editorial that discusses a study by the World Health Organization on domestic violence against women. The study examined intimate partner violence and non-partner violence against women. It is stated that the epidemiology of domestic violence is more known than ways to...
- What factors are associated with recent intimate partner violence? findings from the WHO multi-country study on women's health and domestic violence. Abramsky, Tanya; Watts, Charlotte H.; Garcia-Moreno, Claudia; Devries, Karen; Kiss, Ligia; Ellsberg, Mary; Jansen, Henrica A. F. M.; Heise, Lori // BMC Public Health;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p109
Background: Intimate partner violence (IPV) against women is a global public health and human rights concern. Despite a growing body of research into risk factors for IPV, methodological differences limit the extent to which comparisons can be made between studies. We used data from ten...
- HOLIDAY RAGING. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);12/28/2009, Vol. 61 Issue 52, p71
A quiz concerning family violence is presented.
- Victim: 'First punch came as complete surprise' Hosman, Catherine // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/17/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 42, p1A
The article discusses the story of a wife who fell victim of a domestic violence in the U.S., in relation of the country's celebration of the Domestic Violence Awareness on October 2007.
- Victims Still Falling Through the Cracks. Kendall-Tackett, Kathleen // Family & Intimate Partner Violence Quarterly;Fall2008, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p99
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including teen victims of intimate partner violence (IPV), domestic violence, and physical abuse.
- Preventing intimate partner and sexual violence against women: taking action and generating evidence. Mikton, Christopher // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Oct2010, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p359
No abstract available.
- Editorial. Graham-Kevan, Nicola; Ireland, Jane L.; Davies, Michelle; Fry, Douglas P. // Journal of Aggression, Conflict & Peace Research;Jan2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including domestic or partner violence perpetration, victimization of women, and parental aggression.
- The Context of Family Violence: Understanding the Larger Picture. Kendall-Tackett, Kathleen // Family & Intimate Partner Violence Quarterly;Spring2010, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p291
The article discusses various reports published within the issue which include one on a study of psychological abuse experienced by Chinese women when there is partner violence, one on the theoretical framework governing partner violence policies, and one on what physicians and others can do...