Use of television, videogames, and computer among children and adolescents in Italy
- Video games and tv can trigger seizures. // Mothering;Jan2006, Issue 134, p25
No abstract available.
- kill your television, prevent violence. // Mothering;Mar/Apr2008, Issue 147, p32
The article reports about a study that has revealed that the strongest predictor of violence in adulthood is children's repeated exposure to violent entertainment and participation in the virtual violence found in video games.
- Tune In to Get Smart. Thompson, Sharon // National Geographic World;Jul2001, Issue 311, p6
Deals with the role of watching television (TV) and playing video games in the rising intelligent quotient scores of kids. Impact of watching TV and playing video games on the visual intelligence of kids.
- Kids less aggressive when TV use cut. // Christian Science Monitor;1/17/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 36, p14
Discusses the results of a study which found that children who abstain from television and video games are less aggressive.
- Monitoring Screen Time. // Teaching Young Children;Oct/Nov2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p30
The article provides several answers to a question of what strategies are used to communicate effectively with families about the importance of monitoring children's time for watching television and playing video games.
- Ventanas de ocio: TelevisiÃ³n y videojuegos. Marta Lazo, Carmen; Antonio Gabelas Barroso, José // Chasqui (13901079);mar2008, Issue 101, p50
This essay considers the part television and video games play in children's leisure, and discusses the results of a Madrid, Spain survey of audiovisual consumption among children. It comments on the role of television in the construction of identity, explores how minors interact with video...
- Factors associated with television viewing time in toddlers and preschoolers in Greece: the GENESIS study. Georgia Kourlaba; Katerina Kondaki; Thodoris Liarigkovinos; Yannis Manios // Journal of Public Health;Jun2009, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p222
: Background The aim of this work was to describe the television (TV) viewing time of preschoolers and to examine factors that may be associated with it. : Methods A representative sample of 2374 Greek children aged 1â€“5 years was examined (GENESIS study). Several anthropometric,...
- KIDS AND TECHNOLOGY. // Australian Parents;Dec2000/Jan2001, p16
Assesses the impact of technology on children. Factors to be considered when deciding the amount of time children should watch television; Benefits of computers to children; Emergence of aggressive behavior among children from playing video games.
- BE AN ENERGY-HOG BUSTER. Brewer, Shannon E. // Appleseeds;Jul2009, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p10
The article presents information and tips on how children can save energy and become 'energy-hog busters.' The Alliance to Save Energy (ASE) has created a website called Energy Hog, energyhog.com. Suggestions for children include turning off the television and putting on a play with friends,...