Costs and health effects of screening and delivery of hearing aids in Tamil Nadu, India: an observational study
- Hearing loss: Perceptions and solutions. Nichols, Amanda D. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct2006, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p66
The article focuses on the advantages of establishing a screening program for patients with hearing impairment in nursing homes. A widely used screening questionnaire is the Hearing Handicap Inventory for the Elderly. A full audiologic evaluation performed by a state-licensed, American...
- Psycho-pedagogical support of children of early preschool age after cochlear implantation by PMPS centers. Mineeva, T. N.; Trukhanova, Y. A. // Clinical Psychology & Special Education / Kliniceska I Special'n;2013, Issue 4, p1
This article analyzes the results of practical work on psycho-pedagogical support of children with hearing disorders after cochlear implantation at the Center of diagnosis and counseling. The aim of this research was to reveal the capability of psycho-pedagogical support for children at the...
- Partnership to Provide Hearing Aids Free to Special Olympics Athletes. // Audiology Online;Jan2013, p1
The article focuses on a two-year partnership entered into by the Hear the World Foundation and Special Olympics Healthy Hearing program, announced in January 2013. Under the agreement, the foundation will donate hearing aids to be distributed after free hearing screenings provided at Special...
- Product Index. // Hearing Review;Summer2012, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p63
A product index for the 2012 issue of "The Hearing Review" is presented.
- May is better hearing month; focus on your hearing health. FERNANDEZ, BETH // South County Journal;5/1/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 18, pB2
In this article, the author offers information on the problem of hearing loss in the U.S. and suggests several hearing tests and hearing aids that can help one in taking care of his or her hearing sense.
- MAKE "LOOK, LISTEN, EVALUATE, AND SOLVE" YOUR STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE. Martin, Bob // Canadian Hearing Report;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p4
The article offers step-by-step instructions for evaluating a patient's ear, hearing aid, and hearing in order to solve the issues the patient has.
- Changes in Hearing-Aid Benefit Following 1 or 2 Years of Hearing-Aid Use by Older Adults. Humes, Larry E.; Wilson, Dana L.; Barlow, Nancy N.; Garner, Carolyn // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p772
This study reports the results of a large number of hearing-aid benefit measures obtained from 134 elderly hearing-aid wearers during the first year of hearing-aid usage. Benefit measures were obtained after 1 month, 6 months, and 1 year of hearing-aid use by all participants. In addition,...
- 1 in 6 U.S. Adults Reports Trouble Hearing. // ASHA Leader;Nov2015, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p8
The article reports that one in six U.S. adults ages 18 and older reports trouble hearing without a hearing aid, according to a survey from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Highlights include percentage of men aged 70 and older who had trouble hearing without a hearing aid,...
- Product news. // Hearing Instruments;Feb95, p9
Features products related to the treatment of hearing disorders. Includes Argosy Electronics' Cameo compression circuit; E-A-R Express pod plugs; Better Hearing Institute's `A Guide to Your Child's Hearing' booklet.