Sleep quality in middle-aged and elderly Chinese: distribution, associated factors and associations with cardio-metabolic risk factors
- Defying diabetes. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;May99, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p33B
Reports on the increase of adult-onset diabetes in the United States. Risk for cardiovascular disease; Importance of physical activity.
- Living with diabetes. Hwang, Mi Young; Glass, Richard M.; Molter, Jeff // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;7/8/98, Vol. 280 Issue 2, p202
Presents an overview of how people can live with diabetes. How control of weight can decrease the risk of heart disease; Definition of diabetes; Who is at risk; Differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes; Additional sources of information.
- Sleep problems might predict heart trouble. // USA Today Magazine;Feb96, Vol. 124 Issue 2609, p4
Reports that men who have difficulty in falling asleep are at higher risk for developing coronary artery disease. Symptom of psychological stress.
- Stopping Treatment with Antibiotics That Prevent Mycobacterium avium Complex Infection in Persons with HIV Infection Who Have Responded Well to Anti-HIV Drugs. Currier, J.S.; Williams, P.L.; Koletar, S.L.; Cohn, S.E.; Murphy, R.L.; Heald, A.E.; Hafner, R.; Bassily, E.L.; Lederman, H.M.; Knirsch, C.; Benson, C.A.; Valdez, H.; Aberg, J.A.; McCutchan, J.A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/3/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 7, pI-16
Investigates the safety of stopping antibiotic treatments that prevent Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) infections in persons whose CD4[sup+] cell counts have exceeded 100 cells/mm[sup3]. Focus on HIV infected persons with cell count below 50 cells/mm[sup3]; Comparison of reactions between...
- Nontraditional Risk Factors for Coronary Heart Disease among Persons with Diabetes. Saito, I.; Folsom, A.R.; Brancati, F.L.; Duncan, B.B.; Chambless, L.E.; McGovern, P.G. // Annals of Internal Medicine;7/18/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 2, pI-16
Summarizes a study on nontraditional risk factors for coronary heart disease among persons with diabetes, which appeared in the July 18, 2000 issue of the 'Annals of Internal Medicine.' Association of high fibrinogen levels, high factor VIII levels, high von Willebrand factor levels, high white...
- Risk Factors for Coronary Heart Disease in Diabetes. Fonseca, Vivian Andrew // Annals of Internal Medicine;7/18/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 2, p154
Examines the role of nontraditional risk factors for coronary heart disease in adults with type 2 diabetes. Waste-to-hip ratio; Levels of high-density lipoprotein-3 cholesterol, apolipoproteins A-1 and B, albumin, factor VIII and von Willebrand factor; Leukocyte count; Implications for clinical...
- Effects of Glimepiride vs Glibenclamide on Ischaemic Heart Disease Risk Factors and Glycaemic Control in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Britton, M.E.; denver, A.E.; Mohamed-Ali, V.; Yudkin, J.S. // Clinical Drug Investigation;1998, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p303
Objective: This study aimed to compare the effects of glimepiride and glibenclamide on glycaemic control and a range of risk factors for ischaemic heart disease (IHD), including concentrations of insulin-like molecules. Patients: A double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomised, crossover...
- Diabetic and hypertensive heart disease. Grossman, Ehud; Messerli, Franz H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug96, Vol. 125 Issue 4, p304
Reviews the literature on the cardiac effects of diabetes mellitus and hypertension. Incidence of coronary artery disease in patients diabetes and hypertension; Importance of hypertension in the pathogenesis of severe heart disease in persons with diabetes; Susceptibility of hypertensive...
- The Diabetic Heart: Too Sweet for Its Own Good? Whittington, Hannah J.; Babu, Girish G.; Mocanu, Mihaela M.; Yellon, Derek M.; Hausenloy, Derek J. // Cardiology Research & Practice;2012, p1
Diabetes mellitus is a major risk factor for ischemic heart disease (IHD). Patients with diabetes and IHD experience worse clinical outcomes, suggesting that the diabetic heart may be more susceptible to ischemia-reperfusion injury (IRI). In contrast, the animal data suggests that the diabetic...