Hip fractures and area level socioeconomic conditions: a population-based study
- External Hip Protectors for Prevention of Hip Fracture. // American Family Physician;7/1/1993, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p130
Summarizes the article `External Hip Protectors for Prevention of Hip Fracture,' by Lauritzen and colleagues from the journal `Lancet,' dated January 2, 1993. Description of the external hip protector; Control versus treatment groups; Recommendation.
- Hip fracture: How to lessen injuries when patients fall. // Geriatrics;Feb94, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p18
Reports on a study done on reducing the risk of hip fractures in older adults. Preventing falls and lessening their impact as an important way to avoid injury; Maintenance of bone mineral density (BMD).
- CNE/CME Questions. // Pediatric Emergency Medicine Reports;May2007, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p12
A quiz concerning hip fractures is presented.
- Hip fracture in India is associated with high rates of mortality and disability. // Medical Device Daily;4/25/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 80, Special section p2
The article presents the results of a study conducted by researchers at Maulana Azad Medical College in India showing the link of hip fracture to high level of mortality and disability in India.
- Hip fractures occur earlier in men than women and can lead to earlier mortality. Press, Robert // Orthopedics Today;Nov2009, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p45
This article discusses research being done on long-term survival and fracture risk of men and women after hip fracture.
- Hip database shows drop in number of deaths after fracture. // Emergency Nurse;Oct2014, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the decline in deaths due to hip fracture in Great Britain as reported on the National Hip Fracture Database.
- Home exercise benefits hip fracture recovery. // Geriatrics;Jan98, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on hip fractures, with emphasis on the benefits of exercise to aid proper recovery. Comments from Mary E. Tinetti, M.D., a professor of medicine and public health and epidemiology at Yale University; Details on a study conducted by Tinetti and colleagues; Discussion on findings.
- Proximal femur fracture in older patients--rehabilitation and clinical outcome. Roder, Frank; Schwab, Matthias; Aleker, Thomas; Morike, Klaus; Thon, Klaus-Peter; Klotz, Ulrich // Age & Ageing;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p74
Examines the effects of rehabilitation on the clinical outcome following surgical treatment of hip fracture. Projections on the annual number of hip fracture cases by 2050; Risk factors for fall-induced hip fractures among elderly people; Information on hip fracture treatment; Factors...
- Hip Fracture: A Complex Illness Among Complex Patients. Lynn, Joanne; Dixit, Rajiv K.; Hung, William W.; Morrison, R. Sean // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/3/2012, Vol. 156 Issue 1, p70
A letter to the article and a reply are presented in response to the article "Hip fracture: a complex illness among complex patients" in the 2011 issue of "Annals of Internal Medicine."