Factors associated with self-care activities among adults in the United Kingdom: a systematic review
- Self-care and adherence to medication: a survey in the hypertension outpatient clinic. Gohar, Faekah; Greenfield, Sheila M.; Beevers, D. Gareth; Lip, Gregory Y. H.; Jolly, Kate // BMC Complementary & Alternative Medicine;2008, Vol. 8, Special section p1
Background: Self-care practices for patients with hypertension include adherence to medication, use of blood pressure self-monitoring and use of complementary and alternative therapies (CAM) The prevalence of CAM use and blood pressure self-monitoring have not been described in a UK secondary...
- The Short and Long of Measuring Blood Pressures in Your office. Gupta, Rahul // Internal Medicine Alert;3/29/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p41
The article presents an abstract and commentary of the study "The Short and Long of Measuring Blood Pressures in Your Office."
- American Society of Hypertension Releases Guidelines on Home and Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring. // American Family Physician;9/15/1996, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p1390
Reports on the release of guidelines by the American Society of Hypertension on the use of home and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. Self-monitoring; Potential benefits of home monitoring; Choice of monitor; Frequency of readings; Need for support from Medicare or Medicaid.
- The Traveler's Dozen: Your 12 Essential Homeopathic Travel Companions -- Don't Leave Home Without Them! Reichenberg-Ullman, Judyth; Ullman, Robert // Townsend Letter;Jun2014, Issue 371, p89
The article presents excerpts from the books "The Savvy Traveler's Guide to Homeopathy and Natural Medicine: Tips to Stay Healthy Wherever You Go!" and "Homeopathic Self-Care."
- Whatâ€™s Old Is New Again. Gregory, Nicole // Vegetarian Times;Jul/Aug2016, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p15
An interview with author Rachelle Blondel is presented. She discusses about her book titled "Forgotten Ways for Modern Days: Kitchen Cures and Household Lore for a Natural Home and Garden" which provides homegrown ingredients, remedies and recipes. She also recommends key essentials of...
- Maintaining Good Health. Hwang, Mi Young; Glass, Richard M.; Molter, Jeff // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;12/1/99, Vol. 282 Issue 21, p2092
Provides suggestions for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Methods for preventing high blood pressure and cholesterol; Ways to eat healthy; Suggestions for exercise.
- Self-management of hypertension effective measure to lower BP. Ellis, Brian // Cardiology Today;Sep2010, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p37
The article discusses a 2010 study on the efficacy of the self-management of hypertension in lowering systolic blood pressure (BP) which is said to make the approach as another significant mode in hypertension control.
- Survey finds increased use of alternative healthcare. // NCAHF Newsletter (08903417);Mar/Apr98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p1
Presents information on the results of a survey regarding the forms of alternative care used by people. Ranking of alternative treatments; Statistical data showing the people's views on acupuncture; Reasons for positive attitudes toward alternative care.
- THE USE OF AUTOGENIC FEEDBACK TRAINING AS AN INTERVENTION STRATEGY IN HEALTH CARE. Cassel, Russell N. // Education;Winter90, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p265
Describes autogenics as a do it yourself approach to health care. It has been referred to as `Body FORTRAN' suggesting that one may program self just as one does a computer. The technique was developed in Germany, and it uses a step-wise process in fostering self control of one's own neural...