Associations among hair loss, oral sulfur-containing gases, and gastrointestinal and metabolic linked diseases in Japanese elderly men: pilot study
- Association Between Androgenetic Alopecia and Coronary Artery Disease in Young Male Patients. Sharma, Kamal H.; Jindal, Anchal // International Journal of Trichology;Jan-Mar2014, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p5
Background: Several studies have demonstrated an association between androgenetic alopecia (AGA) and cardiovascular disease. Still controversies exist regarding the association. Are they truly associated? Objective: The purpose of the present study was to assess the prevalence of AGA and...
- 153-12. HAIR-RAISING EFFECTS OF LOOP DIURETICS. // Cortlandt Forum;11/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p86
Discusses the genesis and pathology of the alopecia. Overview on the medical case of a 72-year-old man who underwent left nephrectomy for carcinoma of the kidney; Possible causes of alopecia.
- alopecia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p84
An encyclopedia entry for the term "alopecia" which refers to loss of hair is presented.
- Locks Can Cause Hair Loss. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;8/7/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p6
The article discusses the factors related to hair loss in men.
- Two causes of scarring alopecia. // GP: General Practitioner;10/21/2002, p78
Discusses the causes of scarring alopecia. Effects of sunlight on exposed areas of the scalp in women; Symptoms of the disease; Problems of lichen planus affecting the hair follicles resulting in hair loss.
- Hair apparent. Davies, Kevin // Nature;2/5/1998, Vol. 391 Issue 6667, p537
Examines research which discovered a gene responsible for hereditary baldness. Research by Christiano, Ahmad et al in the January 30, 1998 `Science'; Most common form of hair loss; Few known genes related to baldness; Focus of research on alopecia universalis; Mapping of gene Hairless;...
- JID VisualDx Quiz: February 2013. Viera, Martha; Kirsner, Robert S // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;May2013, Vol. 133 Issue 5, pe1
A quiz concerning the diagnosis of the disease of a bald person is presented.
- AT A GLANCE: Alopecia. // GP: General Practitioner;2/17/2003, p72
Presents information about alopecia. Epidemiology of the disease; clinical features of the disease; Management of alopecia.
- An infant with annular alopecia. Perman, Marissa // Infectious Diseases in Children;Dec2011, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p20
The article discusses the clinical case of a four-month-old infant diagnosed with scalp alopecia.