Design and methods for a cluster randomized trial of the Sunless Study: A skin cancer prevention intervention promoting sunless tanning among beach visitors
- Assess Your Risk for SKIN CANCER. // Body Bulletin;Jun2004, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p3
This article assesses your risk for skin cancer. The factors which can increase the chances for skin cancer are fair skin, blue, green or hazel eyes, blond, red or light brown hair, have many freckles or moles, burn when exposed to less than one hour of sun, with or without sunscreen, had...
- Trends, Habits and Attitudes towards Suntanning. Bolanča, Željana; Bolanča, Ivan; Buljan, Marija; Blajić, Iva; Zeljko, Jasna Penavić; Šitum, Mirna // Collegium Antropologicum;Oct2008 Supplement 2, Vol. 32, p143
Epidemiological studies suggest a relationship between suntanning habits and high risk of malignant melanoma (MM). The incidence of MM is increased during the last 40 years. Sun exposure is highly prevalent in all age groups, especially among young and it is influenced by certain believes and...
- Maintaining a long- lasting glow without sun damage. Leckliter, Jim // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/27/2009, Issue 1131, p41
The aricle offers tips on how to a safer tanning procedure as well as to keep artificial tan look great for as long as possible.
- 6 BIG SUN BLUNDERS (AND HOW TO RECOVER). // Cosmopolitan;Jun2002, Vol. 232 Issue 6, p250
Describes the mistakes that people commit when acquiring a suntan and how to treat them. Amplification of sun exposure; Exposure to the sun prior to applying sunscreen; Elimination of acne through sun exposure.
- EFECTIVIDAD DE UN PROGRAMA COGNITIVO SOCIAL PARA PREVENIR EL CÃNCER DE PIEL EN MUJERES ADOLESCENTES. Ferrand, Pablo Alfonso Sanabria // Universitas Psychologica;oct-dic2006, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p585
Differential effect of three components of a social cognitive program, e.g., information, self-evaluation of risk and subjective norms, influencing sun protective practices was established in a group of 57 female teenagers. The components were defined as three independent variables consisting of...
- The sun: friend or enemy? Levine, Hallie // Glamour;Jun2004, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p222
Discusses the health benefits of sunbathing. Strengthening of the bones and protecting the heart; History of tanning in the U.S.; Recommendation tanning lotion for different types of skin.
- Exploring the Development of Sun-Tanning Behavior: A Grounded Theory Study of Adolescents' Decision-Making Experiences With Becoming a Sun Tanner. Shoveller, Jean A.; Lovato, Chris Y.; Young, Richard A.; Moffat, Barbara // International Journal of Behavioral Medicine;Dec2003, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p299
A grounded theory study was undertaken to describe how adolescents make decisions about sunbathing during the transition from childhood to adolescence and to propose an explanation for the relationships among factors affecting the adoption of sun tanning. In-depth interviews (n = 40) were...
- "I had SKIN CANCER at 16". // Dolly;Nov2008, Issue 457, p143
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of suffering from skin cancer at age 16 due to sunbathing.
- The ns guide to self-indulgence. Ashley, Jackie // New Statesman;07/26/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4446, p24
Gives advice on how to enjoy the sun without getting skin burns. Discussion on skin cancer; Opinion on sunlight deprivation.