Regional and social differences concerning overweight, participation in health check-ups and vaccination. Analysis of data from a whole birth cohort of 6-year old children in a prosperous German city
- Obesity, legal duties, and the family physician. Caulfield, Timothy // Canadian Family Physician;Jul2007, Vol. 53, p1129
The article offers the author's insights on the legal obligations of physicians in the medical care of obese patients. He notes that the commentators supposed that the anti-fat attitudes among health care professionals could affect clinical judgments and discourage obese persons from seeking...
- Obesity and Pulmonary Function in Polio Survivors. Soo Jeong Han; Jae-Young Lim; Hyun Suh // Annals of Rehabilitation Medicine;2015, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p888
Objective To examine the correlation between obesity and pulmonary function in polio survivors. Methods This study was conducted based on a questionnaire survey and physical examination. The questionnaire included gender, age, paralyzed regions, physical activity levels, and accompanying...
- Extracts from 'Clinical Evidence': Obesity. Arterburn, David; Hitchcock Noel, Polly // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);06/09/2001, Vol. 322 Issue 7299, p1406
Presents a clinical study on obesity. Definition of obesity as a chronic condition characterized by an excess of body fat; Incidence and prevalence; Aim of the study to achieve realistic gradual weight loss and prevent morbidity and mortality associated with obesity; Outcomes.
- Reexamining the Physical Examination for Obese Patients. Silk, Ann Willman; McTigue, Kathleen M. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;1/12/2011, Vol. 305 Issue 2, p193
The authors point out the need to reexamine the medical physical examination used for obese patients. They claim that medical education concerning physical diagnosis skills for obese people failed to keep pace with the obesity epidemic. They describe how the literature on breast cancer could...
- Health Status of Traffic Police Personnel in Brahmapur City. Satapathy, D. M.; Behera, T. R.; Tripathy, R. M. // Indian Journal of Community Medicine;Jan2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p71
The article focuses on a study on the health status of traffic police personnel in Brahmapur City in Orissa, India. It notes that health tends to be affected by work conditions as the workplace is said to hold an important part of the total environment of a person. The study involved 48 traffic...
- 278.00 Obesity, Not Otherwise Specified. Toll, Elizabeth // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/20/2013, Vol. 309 Issue 11, p1123
The author argues that the word obesity used to describe individual patients, votes out the inspiration of a practitioner and subvert the alliance one hope to establish considering healthy eating and living. According to her, patients crash diet for several days before their annual physical...
- New Year, New Body. Kunes, Ellen // Health (Time Inc.);Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p12
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the importance of health check-ups, diet plan, and an investigation on the discrimination against overweight people in terms of health insurance.
- Ultrasound and Physical Examinations for Obese Patients. Dixon, G. David; Silk, Ann Willman; McTigue, Kathleen M. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;4/27/2011, Vol. 305 Issue 16, p1656
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Reexamining the Physical Examination for Obese Patients," by Ann Willman Silk and Kathleen M. McTigue which was published in a 2011 issue.
- Prospective study of attainment of social class of severely obese subjects in relation to parental social class, intelligence, and education. Sonne-Holm, Stig; Sorensen, Thorkild I.A. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/1/1986, Vol. 292 Issue 6520, p586
Presents a cross sectional population study of the attainment of social class of severely obese subjects in relation to parental social class, intelligence and education. Comparison of extremely obese men with young men chosen from the remainder of the population; Derivation of social class...