Hanoi To Avoid Further Confrontation
- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT. // Vietnam Country Profile;2007, p7
The article provides a detailed analysis on the politics and government of Vietnam. It details the country's current internal and external political situation and climate. It offers a background to the current government make-up and its relation to business. Further, it provides information on...
- Russia's Ever Friendlier Ties to Vietnam--Are They a Signal to China? Blank, Stephen // Eurasia Daily Monitor;11/30/2012, Vol. 9 Issue 219, p1
The article reports on the foreign relations of China, Vietnam, and Russia. It states the regional tensions among the three countries due to China's demand to Russia to neglect its energy and other ties with Vietnam. Moreover, it provides assumptions on Russia's relations with all countries in...
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2010 2nd Quarter, p9
The article offers information on the political conditions of Vietnam from 2009 to 2011 by Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) along with information on country's foreign policy, domestic policy, and political reforms.
- Chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2011 3rd Quarter, Issue 3, p7
The article provides an outlook on Vietnam's political strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, political risk ratings and foreign policy for 2011.
- Global Political Outlook. // India Defence & Security Report;Q1 2011, Issue 1, p11
The article offers information on the global political outlook of the Business Monitor International (BMI) Ltd. BMI expects that the international relations of U.S. and China will remain at the forefront as they continue to dispute mutual exchange rate and the nuclear programme of Iran will stay...
- VIETNAM AND RISING CHINA. Thayer, Carlyle A. // Southeast Asian Affairs;2010, p392
The article examines foreign relations between Vietnam and China, focusing on how the government of Vietnam manages relations with a larger and more powerful neighbor. Bilateral foreign and military relations between the two countries are discussed. How China and Vietnam's participation in...
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Vietnam;Aug2004, p7
Presents information on Vietnam's foreign relations. Relationship of North Vietnam with the Soviet Union and China during the second Indochina war; Effect of a private trade ban on Vietnamese-Chinese relations in 1978; Conflict from China's assertion of control over the Spratly Islands.
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Vietnam;Jul2006, p6
The article presents information on the foreign relations of Vietnam. Vietnamese-Chinese relations deteriorated after Vietnam instituted a ban on private trade in March 1978. Vietnam received economic and military aid from the Soviet Union through the 1980s. Vietnam has joined several...
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Vietnam;Mar2009, p7
The article presents information on the foreign relations of Vietnam. Vietnam-China relations were severed after a ban was instituted by Hanoi in March 1978 on private trade which affected Sino-Vietnamese. Through the 1980s, Vietnam received about three billion U.S. dollars a year in economic...