LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY
- Business Council says unemployment numbers show need for legislative restraint. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/6/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p5
The article reports on the impact of the increasing unemployment rate on legislative restraint for private sector employers in New York. The Business Council of New York State chief executive officer (CEO) Kenneth Adams stresses that the state Legislature should not put new and costly mandates...
- European Investment Bank officials to visit Zimbabwe. // African Business News;2/21/2014, p3
The article reports on the visit by European Investment Bank (EIB) officials to Zimbabwe in 2014 to explore funding opportunities for the private sector.
- Mississippi Tolling. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/5/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32602, p1
The article reports on the groundbreaking bill passed by the Mississippi Legislature that allows the state and local governments to build toll roads and bridges either on their own or using public-private partnerships. The bill would give the Mississippi Transportation Commission, county boards...
- The EIB boosts innovation in Tunisia via support for the private sector. // African Business News;12/7/2014, p1
No abstract available.
- New human rights bill. // Working with Older People: Community Care Policy & Practice;Dec2007, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p9
The article reports on the introduction of a private member's bill under the Human Rights Act in parliament in England. The bill will protect the people in private sector care services under the coverage of the bill. The bill follows a report by the Joint Committee on Human Rights that...
- Pushing plans into action. Redfern, Bernadette // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/12/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p40
The article offers information about the 102 billion dollars development plan passed by Kuwait's parliament. It is stated that Kuwait's Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs, Sheikh Ahmad al-Fahad al-Ahmad al-Sabah is in charge of implementing the four year plan. It is mentioned that under...
- State Franchising Bill Proposed in Indiana. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/16/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p32
The article focuses on a franchising bill being proposed in Indiana. The Indiana proposal would offer video providers similar benefits to those found in a Texas deregulation measure, SB5. However, there is a major difference which is discussed in this article. And the proposal would bar...
- House Committee Approves SEC Pay, Fee Bill. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31107, p5
Reports on the United States House Financial Services Committee's approval of a bill that would reduce Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) fees and allow SEC to seek higher pay levels. Revision of some of the mechanics of the original bill; Other amendments approved by committee members.
- In dysfunctional Albany, LI's delegation works. Kessel, Richard // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/4/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p12A
The author reflects on the good performance of the legislative delegation in Long Island, New York. He states that their elected senators and assembly people who represent the legislation of the country are working together to address the needs of their people. He adds that these delegates are...