LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY
- LOOSE CHANGE. // U.S. Banker;Feb2002, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p11
Reports global developments on the banking industry as of February 2002. Growth of consumer price index corresponding to the decrease of inflation rate; Apology for unethical behavior of accountant Arthur Andersen of Enron Corp.; Reduction of focus on net-interest income by PNC Financial...
- Inflation and Prices: December Price Statistics. Meyer, Brent // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb2009, p2
The article offers information on price statistics for December 2008 in the U.S. It states that consumer price index (CPI) recorded a decrease of 8.5 percent and finished the year 2008 with the lowest yearly price appreciation since 1945, which is 0.1 percent. It mentions that the core CPI fell...
- TRENDS: Quest for inflation-beating returns. // Engineer (Online Edition);3/14/2011, p22
The article reports on the increase in the consumer price index (CPI) by 4.0% in Great Britain. It also shows that retail prices index (RPI) rose by 5.0%, and expects that inflation will remain most persistent than various central banks. It suggests western government and central banks have to...
- Inflation and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);May94, p6
Presents the inflation statistics in March 1994 in the United States. Rise in Consumer Price Index (CPI); Potential for an upturn; Potential for a worsening of inflation.
- Inflation and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar1995, p7
Presents statistics concerning inflation and prices in the United States. January 1995 price statistics; Changes in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) methodology; Trends in CPI; Median CPI; CPI projections; Inflation outlook; Treatment of shelter prices; Central tendency projection of the Federal...
- Inflation and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jul95, p6
Reports on trends in inflation and prices in the United States as of July 1995. Price statistics for May 1995; Median Consumer Price Index (CPI) breakpoints; CPI trends; Inflation forecast accuracy of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC); Leading inflation indicators; Explanatory power of...
- UPDATES. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Dec2008, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p5
The article presents statistical updates in Great Britain in November 2008 published on the web site www.statistics.gov.uk. It includes "Factory Gate Inflation Falls to 6.8% in October," "Unemployment Rate Rises to 5.8% in Three Months to September" and "October: CPI Down to 4.5%; RPI Down to 4.2%."
- THE CPI OVERSTATES INFLATION. Spiers, Joseph // Fortune;2/7/1994, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p24
Discusses the real inflation rate, focusing on the Bureau of Labor Statistics' (BLS) new alternative price measure that corrects some of the flaws of its consumer price index (CPI). Types of problems the alternative price measure deals with; Details.
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov2001, p2
Focuses on the impact of the increase of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) on the energy price inflation in Cleveland, Ohio. Percentage decrease of the inflation expectations; Accounts on the stability of the rate of change of the CPI; Statistics of the underlying inflation in the economy.