POLAND: RISK SUMMARY
- Country Risk Summary: DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p7
Presents a country risk summary for the Dominican Republic for the month of May 2003. Possibility that President Rafael Hipolito MejÃa will run for a re-election; Factors affecting the value of the peso; Effect of the merger between Grupo Progreso and Banco Intercontinental on the business...
- RISK SUMMARY. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p4
The article covers issues related to risk in Brazil as of June 2011 including the political risk posed by the dispute on fuel price between the government and petroleum company Petrobras, economic risk posed by the 6.5% record seasonal low in unemployment and the plan of food company Kraft Foods...
- SLOVENIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Mar2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p7
The article offers news briefs on topics related to risks in Slovenia including the unemployment rate which spiked to 11.1 percent in November 2010, the confirmation of the balance of payments dynamics in 2010 by the central bank, and the country's banking sector remains in a very weak position.
- CROATIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Jul2011, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p11
The article offers information on the forecast regarding political, economic and business environment risks in Croatia in 2011 which include the admission of the Balkan country in the European Union in 2013, despite the reluctance of the European Commission (EC) to set a date for the country's...
- RISK SUMMARY. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p3
This article summarizes some political and economic risks facing Mexico in 2011, including the campaigns for the 2012 presidential election and a decline in the country's unemployment rate in March 2011.
- Country Risk Summary: CHILE. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Jul2004, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p5
Presents a country risk assessment for Chile in 2004. Preparations for the October 2004 municipal elections in the country; Main concerns of financial markets; State of merger and acquisition activity in the telecommunications sector.
- Influence of Managerial Ownership and Compensation Structure on Establishment Mode Choice: The Moderating Role of Host Country Political Risk. Datta, Deepak; Musteen, Martina; Basuil, Dynah // Management International Review (MIR);Oct2015, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p593
Our study draws on arguments advanced in behavioral decision theory to examine the effects of managerial equity ownership and compensation structures on establishment mode choice (the choice between greenfield start-ups and cross-border acquisitions). It is based on a sample of 396 establishment...
- Two Steps In The Right Direction. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Feb2006, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the short-term political risk rating for Brazil in 2005. Rating declined during the year. Several factors contributed to the decline in business rating. Unemployment remains stable. The 2005 national elections will impact the rating.
- Country Risk Summary: CROATIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Sep2003, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p6
The article presents a country risk summary of Croatia. Parliamentary elections in Croatia are due by February 2004 and recent polls indicate that the right-wing opposition Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ) is the most popular party among the electorate. In the preparations for elections, it is...