Rate Cuts Off The Short-Term Agenda
- Chile: Just Pausing. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/19/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p13
The article reports on the decision of the Chilean central bank to pause monetary tightening cycle in the country in December 2005. Chilean monetary authorities have been hesitant to increase rates in 2005 after experiencing a month of deflation. Normalization of fuel prices has influenced...
- Oil shocks and endogenous markups: results from an estimated euro area DSGE model. Sánchez, Marcelo // International Economics & Economic Policy;Sep2011, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p247
This paper estimates a linearised DSGE model for the euro area. The model is New Keynesian and allows for a role for oil usage and endogenous price markups. The importance of shocks to monetary policy and oil prices is estimated to have declined in the post-1990 period, in line with the higher...
- Oil, Food Drag Japan Prices. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/28/2015, pA01
7 Prices in the central bank's main inflation gauge fell below zero in Aug., the 1st time since '13. The yearly change was 0.1%. Excluding food and energy, prices rose 0.8% for the year, stronger than July's 0.6%. The Bank of Japan has said it believes the impact of plunging oil prices will ease...
- Economic Policy: Monetary Policy - Recent Developments. // Philippines Country Monitor;Nov2011, p14
The article focuses on the developments on the monetary and economic policy in the Philippines. It discusses the tightening of Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) on monetary policy in March 2011 which regards on the rise on energy and food price inflation. It explores the continuation of BSP in...
- July Wholesale Prices Fall 4.05 Per Cent. // Business World;8/14/2015, p1
The article reports on the status of the wholesale prices in India. According to government data, the wholesale prices fell at a faster-than-expected annual rate in July 2015, their ninth straight decline and their lowest in at least a decade, mainly driven by weak food and fuel prices. The...
- Inflation Eases to 4-month Low. // India -- West;7/18/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 35, pA40
The article reports on the inflation rate in India which settled to a four-month low of 5.43 percent in June 2014 due to slower growth in prices of fuel and food, according to data from the Indian government.
- TRINIDAD & TOBAGO. // Caribbean Update;May2009, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p19
This section offers news briefs concerning Trinidad & Tobago as of May 2009. According to Energy Minister Conrad Enill, the country is planning to finance a renewable energy industry that would help diversify its economy as falling oil prices slash public income. Job losses in the country has...
- Does it pay to be transparent? International evidence from central bank forecasts. Chortareas, Georgios; Stasavage, David; Sterne, Gabriel // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;Winter2001, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p470
Provides the evidence on the degree of transparency in monetary policy. Importance of the publication of the central bank's inflation forecasts; Construction of index for transparency; Channel for reducing and maintaining low inflation.
- What, Me Worry? // International Economy;Fall 2014, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p5
The article reports that inflation-targeting monetary policies are operated by 46 nations' central banks.