Meeting a Mission
- Brigham Young UNIVERSITY, HAWAII. Yorgason, Chenoa // Teen Ink;Feb2014, p28
In this article, the author focuses on the Brigham Young University in Hawaii, which is associated with the Mormon church and has its strict standards in concern to relationships, dress and alcohol.
- You Said It! // Good Housekeeping;Jan2014, Vol. 258 Issue 1, p22
The article offers tips and tricks by readers that can be tried at home including freezing leftover herbs with olive oil and reusing when required, color coding daily schedules, and feedback on how to spend an argument free holiday.
- The perfect salad dressing formula. HYMORE, KHALIL // Redbook;Jul2014, Vol. 222 Issue 7, p130
The article focuses on salad dressing and presents a recipe for basic herb salad dressing. It states that one can use olive oil but for Asian dressings one need to use a neutral oil. It mentions that one can use fresh herbs, garlic and pepper. It highlights combinations for dressings such as...
- STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;11/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p12
The article presents ideas for food services in various universities across the U.S. It highlights the display of practical decorative containers indoors in retail or servery locations for customers be able to see the herbs used in cooking stations in North Carolina State University. It states...
- Internationalization of a College Newspaper: The Case of Ke Alaka'i. Chiung Hwang Chen // Journalism & Mass Communication Educator;Summer2004, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p143
Ke Alaka'i, the student newspaper at the Brigham Young University-Hawaii, has embarked on an experiment in cross-cultural communication. It is attempting to transition from an American-oriented student newspaper into one that reflects the wide diversity of the audience on campus. Practical...
- Hallmark, BYU take home PSI awards for excellence. // OfficePro;Aug/Sep98, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p22
Announces the selection of Hallmark Cards Inc. and Brigham Young University-Hawaii Campus as winners of the 1998 Professional Secretaries International's Awards for Excellence. Purpose of the awards; Categories.
- BYU-Hawaii staff and students exploit WordPerfect's Internet features. // T H E Journal;Aug97, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p38
Discusses Brigham Young University in Hawaii's use of WordPerfect's Internet features. History of the university; Technological support offered by the university for its students; Use of WordPerfect's HTML translation capabilities by the university's instructors; Creation of Web pages through...
- One Man's Midden. Graham, Elyse // American Scholar;Winter2006, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p14
This article focuses on the intention of Roger Macfarlane, a professor of Classics at Brigham Young University, in 2005 to gain the greatest possible knowledge from ancient letters, scrolls, and book leaves. Archaeologists carefully excavated, boxed, and shipped contents of middens to the...
- Mac 'n' Cheese. Hopkins, Nancy // Better Homes & Gardens;Oct2007, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p275
The article describes several types and ingredients for macaroni and cheese recipes. Popular ingredients include croutons, herbs and olive oil, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, Parmesan cheese, sauteed apples, toasted walnuts, sage, smoked white Cheddar, hickory-smoked bacon, almonds and lobster,...