Under the Sea
- WITH RECIPES & CREATIVITY: Fishing for answers. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;11/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p52
Focuses on the fish and seafood offerings in the U.S. Technique used by the University of California in fish preparation; Procedures in cooking the campfire salmon at Vanderbilt University; List of Web sites that offer fish recipes.
- AT UCLA MEDICAL CTR.: Ethnic diversity promotion lifts sales & participation. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the success of Cafe Med at the University of California Los Angeles Medical Center. Challenge faced by the cafe; Menus offered; Details on the celebration of Persian New Year in the cafe; How the cafe operates.
- Satisfying with Seafood. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;4/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p46
The article explores the strategies adopted by some college foodservice directors in the U.S. to offer fish and seafood dishes without going overbudget. Tom Driscoll, director of foodservice at the University of Oregon, relates the response of college students to sushi and to sustainable fish...
- All Shook Up! Buzalka, Michael // Food Management;Apr2009, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p22
The article reports on the renovations made at the main hospital facility of the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center Health System in Los Angeles, California in 2009. It states that after the Northridge earthquake which hit Los Angeles, the hospital features a model room...
- UCLA Hospitals Go to Antibiotic-free Meats. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p15
The article reports on the initiative of the University of California, Los Angeles hospitals to promote a healthier community, with its introduction of menus that made from antibiotic-free meats.
- Fine Host Corp.'s Boise State renovation reaps 30% sales... Blake, Kathy // Nation's Restaurant News;11/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p21
Reports that Fine Host Corp. has completed a renovation of the foodservice facilities in the student union at the Boise State University in Idaho. Four stations featured by the servery; Reasons for renovation; Reaction to the renovation.
- Fish-fries still reign. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p66
Presents information on several seafood dishes that are served in universities and colleges in the U.S. Seafood soups that are included in university menu; Recommended sauces to serve with fish; High-end seafood dishes that are considered popular in catering.
- Growing campus demand. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p60
Focuses on the popularity of seafood dishes in universities in the U.S. Discussion on the increase in the demand for seafood dishes; Information on seafood procurement at Fox University; Discussion on the environmental program at Princeton University called Greening Princeton.
- Fabulous fish & seafood. Gatsos, Diane // Food Management;Jul97, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p60
Presents several fish and seafood recipes. Includes Red Cod with Two-Tomato Sauce; Grilled Salmon with Yellow Tomato and Caramelized Vidalia Onion Relish; Wild Striped Bass Filets with Tomato Leek Butter.