- Attendees in good spirits at Tales of the Cocktail conference. Romeo, Peter // Nation's Restaurant News;10/31/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 44, p74
Reports on the gathering of spirit-loving consumers, beverage writers and mixology in New Orleans, Louisiana. Exhibition of cocktails and the art of bar tending during the gathering; Participation of bartenders, liquor representatives and beverage-service consultants during the event; Speakers...
- Cuban Masterclass. // Hospitality Ireland;Apr2008, Issue 46, p54
The article highlights the Havana Club masterclasses in Ireland in March 2008. The masterclasses were conducted by four professional bartenders from the Cuban Bartender's Club, which was formed in 1924 and subsided by distillers and liquor merchants, and was attended by bartenders throughout...
- THE COCKTAILIAN. Regan, Gary // Cheers;Mar2004, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p12
Presents an article on attending a Cocktails in the Country class in the U.S. Criticisms against the use of rum by bartenders in making cocktails; Description of the Golden Eye cocktail created during the class; Recipe of the cocktail.
- Lillet: A light and right-for-summer aperitif. Steves, Renie; Steves, Sterling // Fort Worth Business Press;7/18/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 29, Special section p22
The article presents several recipes for Lillet cocktails created by several bartenders including Lillet Blanc created by Dale DeGroff, Golden Lillet created by Serge Bergamo and Vecto Martini created by Ian Fleming.
- Cocktail Time. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/18/2012, Vol. 204 Issue 12, p24b
Rum expert and bartender Jack Terry presents recipes for alcoholic beverages featuring rum, including an Elder Statesman, a Keys Breeze, and a Frost Bite.
- SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE. Ursin, Cheryl // Cheers;May2004, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on trends in cocktails as of May 2004. Connection of cocktails and martinis; Advice for bartenders on how to make high-quality cocktails; Importance of introducing flavor combinations of cocktails; Overview of different types of cocktails. INSETS: GARNISHING PRAISE;LAY UPS.
- Join THE SPIRITS REVOLUTION. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;10/8/2015, Issue 212, p26
The article reports on the bar tending skills training program held at the Diageo Bar Academy's Innovation Centre in the Netherlands in September 2015. Highlights of the training included creation of gins, blending of whiskies, discussion on the nuances and differences between vodkas, and mixing...
- The cocktail challenge. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;10/8/2015, Issue 212, p29
The article features a selection of cocktails created by trainee bartenders at the Diageo Bar Academy in the Netherlands that include Peachy Lee, 1984 Daiquiri, and Say You Say Gin.
- MIX MASTERY. Manez, Joseph // Fast Company;May2006, Issue 105, p50
The article discusses the trends in mix-beverage/cocktail serving in the U.S. as of May 2006. Restaurants are desperate to sign up anyone who can improve their cocktail menu's overall vibe. Handmixed cocktails have once lost its spark, but resurfaced with top-shelf bartenders making thousands of...