Luring wallet watchers
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/16/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p14
Reports on developments relevant to the marketing initiatives of restaurants in the United States as of April 16, 2001. Sales promotion sponsored by Potbelly Sandwich Works; Introduction of two menu items by Captain D's Seafood Restaurants.
- FLATBREAD COMMUNITY OVEN'S LUNCH STEAL. Morgan, Tara // Boise Weekly;5/26/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p48
The article features the lunch special treat offered by Flatbead Community Oven restaurant for only 8.95 dollars, which is available from Monday through Friday at all three area locations in downtown Boise, Idaho.
- Chula Vista: Dining in Downtown Pays Dividends. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;2/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p19
The article announces the program called Third Avenue Dollars for Dining of the Third Avenue Village Association aimed at promoting the restaurants in Chula Vista, California. The 60-day campaign will start on February 14 and will end on April 14, 2007. During this promotion period,...
- Making Your Restaurant Kid-Friendly. Krummert, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;Apr2001, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p34
Provides information on the marketing strategies of restaurants for children. Method in inviting schools and other children's organizations; Advantages of offering free desserts to children; Approach in teaming up with another non-competing business; Basic themes that attract children.
- Political perks. Brandau, Mark // Nation's Restaurant News;9/6/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 18, p48
The article focuses on the digital-marketing strategy employed by Eddie Dopkin for Miss Shirley's Cafe located in Baltimore, Maryland. It mentions that the cafe uses the location-based network called Foursome and other offerings to attract different customers. It states that through Foursome,...
- Restaurant marketers are learning that it you tweet customers right, sales gains will follow. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;6/15/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 22, p21
The author reflects on the usage of online social networks in the marketing strategy of restaurants in the U.S. He notes that operators are finding innovative ways to reach new and old customers through social network venues. He mentions Naked Pizza's twitter-based promotion which led to its...
- Kung Faux Gets Target, And1, Pony in the Remix. Ebenkamp, Becky // Brandweek;4/7/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 14, p14
Presents news related to marketing and sales promotion as of April 7, 2003. Advertisers on the volume one of the digital video disc series 'Kung Faux'; Information on the promotional partnership between Scholastic's literary/television property 'The Magic School Bus' and Krystal restaurants.
- Texas restaurant capitalizes on 'bailout' by offering guests dining deals. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;12/22/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 49, p1
The article discusses the In-House-Bailouts, a marketing program of Water Street Oyster Bar in San Antonio, Texas. It cites that the bailout is offered by the restaurant to its guests by presenting them with certificate stating that their meal, excluding alcohol and gratuity, is free of charge....
- ATTN: SPORTS FANS, THIS SPUD'S FOR YOU. // Brandweek;12/3/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 44, p46
The article discusses an event titled "Ultimate Couch Potato Competition," which pits four competitors against one another at ESPN Zone bar/restaurants in New York City and Chicago, Illinois, and each competitor must sit in a chair and watch television. Each competitor is not allowed to fall...