Marrying old and new worlds
- A Taste of Venezuela. Graf, Christine // Faces;Jan2004, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p18
Presents information on popular food of Venezuela.
- Recipes. Hernandez, Romel // Caribbean Islands: Facts & Figures;2003, p50
The article describes several Caribbean recipes. For Pelau, a dish in Trinidad and Tobago, Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in saucepan. Add sugar and heat until blackened. Add chicken. Stir, cover, and cook over low hear for 10 minutes. Add onions, celery, finely chopped garlic,...
- Totally Stacked. FUDGE, JESSIE // Indianapolis Monthly;May2014, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p160
A recipe for Venezuelan arepas is presented.
- EVERYONE'S CRITIC CARACAS AREPA BAR. Tribeca, Jimmiestone // New York;1/12/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p74
Comments on the Venezuelan food served at Caracas Arepa Bar restaurant in New York City.
- Tastes of Cuba. Waldemar, Carla // Better Homes & Gardens;Feb96, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p204
Presents recipes of Cuban dishes. Pork roast Cubano; Black and whites; Nutrition facts.
- The island style. Lamalle, Cecile // Restaurant Hospitality;Oct93, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p70
Features recipes of Caribbean cuisine. California swordfish ceviche; Organe roughy with island style olives; Chicken with yams and New Zealand kiwifruit; More. INSETS: California swordfish aplenty.;Food talk (facts on Caribbean menu components)..
- Taste of the Caribbean produces world-class local cuisine. Thorn // Nation's Restaurant News;09/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p224
Highlights the 1999 Taste of the Caribbean, a regional culinary Olympics sponsored by the Caribbean Culinary Federation at the Doral Golf Resort & Spa in Miami, Florida. Team and individual competitions; Participants, judges and winners.
- From their kitchen to ours. Gee, Denise // Southern Living;Mar96, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p194
Presents recipes for making Caribbean dishes. Montego Bay Grilled Fish With Caribbean Sauce; Sweet Jamaican Rice; Reggae Rundown.
- A `jerk' seasoning recipe. // New York Amsterdam News;9/2/95, Vol. 86 Issue 35, p17
Informs about the `jerk' seasoning and Jamaican rum concoction, suitable for summer. Method of cooking Labor Day Libation recipes.