- On WWD.COM. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/12/2014, Vol. 207 Issue 50, p2
The article discusses chef Joe Isidori, restaurant Chalk Point Kitchen, and directs readers to the website WWD.com for more information.
- Fresh picks. COBE, PATRICIA // FoodService Director;10/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, pM1
The article discusses the growing preference of large restaurants for produce coming from local farms. Although such trend can be beneficial to both farmers and chefs, maintaining consistent supply that meets requirements is considered a challenge. Joseph Gillard of Napa Valley Grille mentions...
- Search Party. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;3/8/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p30
The article focuses on the role of foragers in restaurants. It mentions that the role of foragers in the said business is very important as they fill the gap in supply chains particularly on some of the more hard-to-find items needed by restaurants in which communicating with farmers is the only...
- Fruits of labour. Whitney, Paulette // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Jan2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p69
The author presents a personal narrative of his experiences as a farmer whose agricultural products are being used by chefs in Hobart, Tazmania.
- To Market, To Market. Hansen, Kristine // National Geographic Traveler;Sep2009, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p41
The article reports on several hotels where guests visit farmers markets with hotel chefs to find food. In San Francisco, California, chef Jenn Puccio at Hotel Adagio accompanies guests to the city's markets to find the season's freshest items. Guests at the Peninsula Beverly Hills shop first at...
- Strategy clinic. Trevor-Roper, Charles // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/7/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4479, p43
The article presents tips on establishing a quick-service restaurant in Great Britain. According to the author, it would be easy to set up a restaurant using quality ready-prepared foods. Farmers and small producers add value to their products by processing them further and marketing themselves...
- Economic Growth. Zyman, Jennifer // Atlanta;May2008, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p74
The article offers information on farmers' markets, the Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) programs, and restaurants using local products in Atlanta, Georgia. It describes several farmers' markets, which stock produce from local farms, including Decatur Organic Farmers Market, Fairburn...
- From the frying pan to the farm. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;9/5/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 36, p41
Focuses on the life of chefs-turned-farmers in the U.S. Love for quality food; Appreciation of produce; Desire to sell great-tasting foods.
- Fresh from farm gate to plate. Fortune, Chris; Clarke, John // Grill & Foodservice;Spring2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p59
The article discusses the significance of farmers' markets to the foodservice sector in New Zealand. It states that there are more than 50 independently owned and operated farmers markets in the country. It asserts that farmers' markets have influenced those in foodservice in terms of the taste...