- Fresh thinking. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Apr2009, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p52
The article presents the study conducted by the National Restaurant Association (NRA) which revealed that locally grown produce and healthy kids' meals with vegetable and fruit side items are among of the best trends on menus in the U.S. NRA has partnered with Produce Marketing Association and...
- Initiative Taps Unrealized Potential of Produce in Foodservice. // Progressive Grocer;May2011, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p84
The article discusses the collaboration between the Produce Marketing Association (PMA) and the National Restaurant Association (NRA) to find opportunities to increase the potential of fresh produce in foodservice in the U.S. PMA president and chief executive officer (CEO) Bryan Silberman and...
- NRA enters partnership with PMA, IFDA to tout uses for fresh produce. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/16/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p40
The article reports on the partnership between the officials of the Produce Marketing Association (PMA), the National Restaurant Association (NRA), and the International Foodservice Distributors Association (IFDA) to promote healthy lifestyle in the U.S. They launch a research project to explore...
- FALL PRODUCE. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Sep2009, Vol. 108 Issue 9, pFSB2
The article focuses on the preferences of diners of seasonality and freshness of produce in the U.S. A joint research by the National Restaurant Association, the Produce Marketing Association and the International Foodservice Distribution Association, found that while fresh produce usage is...
- Pushing produce for better health. Sweeney, Dawn // Nation's Restaurant News;8/22/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 17, p14
The article offers the author's view on events aimed atpromoting health by National Restaurant Association such as the Produce Marketing Association conference on Foodservice 2020, the Kids LiveWell initiative, and the strategic partnership with the U.S. Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion.
- Fresh facts. // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep94, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p90
Reports on the information provided by the Produce Marketing Association about Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) programs to help avoid microbial contamination. Tips for handling cut, raw produce.
- PMA Launches Online Recruiting Tool. Harper, Roseanne // SN: Supermarket News;10/15/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 42, p76
The article announces that the Produce Marketing Association's (PMA) Education Foundation will unveil an online recruiting tool called Produce Job Source at PMA's Fresh Summit International Convention and Exposition on October 12-15, in Houston, Texas. The foundation was formed in the summer of...
- Connect, INNOVATE, & grow at Fresh Summit 2013. Silbermann, Bryan // Greenhouse Management;Aug2013 Produce Grower, p16
The article offers information on the Fresh Summit International Convention & Exposition to be held by the Produce Marketing Association (PMA) in New Orleans, Louisiana in October 2013.
- PMA Exhibit Produce Goes to Food Bank. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;7/31/2013, p3
The article reports that more than 16,000 pounds of fresh produce from displays at the Produce Marketing Association Foodservice Convention & Expo held in the last weekend of July 2013 have been given to The Food Bank for Monterey County.