- New look for Princeton. // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1
This article reports on the decision of the Dining Services department at Princeton University to change their organization structure, in order to accommodate chef-managers. According to Stu Orefice, Dining Services' director, the planned changes are in response to market trends that dictate...
- Stu Orefice. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;May2009, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p34
The article profiles Stu Orefice, director of dining services at Princeton University. Orefice has received the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's (IFMA) 2009 Silver Plate award in the college/university category. He has developed and opened CafÃ© Vivian, and implemented an...
- COLLEGE: College mgrs. get creative in staffing events. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p54
Focuses on the volunteer program of Princeton University in New Jersey for solving the worker shortage of their catering services. How the program started; Number of catering staff of the university; Benefits of the program.
- Princeton adapts menus from Washington Inn. McDermott, Karen Govel // Nation's Restaurant News;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, OnSite p76
Focuses on the visiting chef program offered by the Princeton University Dining Services which students the opportunity to sample menus from some of the most renowned chefs and restaurants in Chicago, Illinois and New Jersey. Description of the program; Features of the Great Chefs of Chicago...
- Princeton University Dining Services. Parseghian, Pamela // Nation's Restaurant News;02/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p41
Features the Princeton University Dining Services dining hall at Princeton University in Princeton, New Jersey. Details of the dining hall's `Salute to Seinfeld' dinner; Visiting Chef Series program of the school; Average meal price; Food cost; Most popular dish.
- Princeton students lift heads out of the sand, taste ostrich. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/19/97, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p19
Reports on Princeton University Dining Services director Stuart Orefice's decision to serve ostrich to students as part of a guest-chef program in Princeton, New Jersey. Bernard Cretier of Le Vichyssois as the guest chef; Successful acceptance of ostrich as an alternative meat; Other...
- Labor: Costs up 7.5% as fsds strive to retain staff. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p62
Looks at the performance of self-operating foodservice in colleges in the United States as of 1999. Labor costs; How colleges address the problem of labor shortage; Student employees employed by the University of Connecticut in Storrs; Incentive programs; Wage.
- Princeton University and Local K-12 Chefs Team Up. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;2/22/2012, p1
The article reports that Princeton University chefs collaborated with Princeton Regional Schools Chartwells Food Service chefs to create the pasta dish called Orecchiette Locale. Aside from the use of local produce for its vegetable sauce, the dish reportedly meets school meal requirements....
- Lynchburg College runs 700 events a year. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p106
Features Catering Service's food service operations at the Lynchburg College in Virginia. Catering to the universities' various events; Handling a variety of events in the on-campus areas; Revision of standardized menus for internal and external events; Benefits of cross-training the personnel...