- Combined effort fights hunger. // Nebraska Farmer;Jul2012, Vol. 154 Issue 7, p36
The article reports that Tyson Foods Inc. has donated 10,000 pounds of ground beef to the Community Action Partnership of Mid-Nebraska Food Bank. It states that the donation was made in celebration of the Nebraska Beef Month and as part of an effort to feed people in need and promote public...
- FOOD BANKS in Canada. Yaworski, Bev // Alive;Dec2012, Issue 362, p43
The article reports on the status of food banks in Canada. The first food bank in the country was opened in Edmonton, Alberta in 1981. As of 2012, it has been reported that there are around 800 food banks operating across the country, with their use rising by 26 percent between 2008 and 2011....
- Use RUGS classifications as a checklist for better nutrition care. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Advisor;Apr99, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the use of Resource Utilization Groups classifications as a checklist for better nutrition care in the United States. Cost implications of the Medicare Prospective Payment System; Reward to nursing homes that operate efficiently.
- (NUTRITION) Ameriprise Gives to Food Programs. // Community Health Funding Week;10/16/2009, p19
The article informs that Ameriprise provides grants for various food programs. It provides funds to increase capacity of organizations to expand their services. It also supports unique hunger programs including food shelves and emergency food banks.
- Brain Food. Hampton, Laura // Oklahoma Today;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p77
The article reports on the partnership of the Made in Oklahoma Coalition (MIO) and Oklahoma food banks to fight childhood hunger. The coalition has generated over 70,000 U.S. dollars for the Foods for Kids backpack program by selling MIO paper towels. As of fall 2010, the program has served...
- Hunger in New Jersey and the New Poor. // Social Science Docket;Summer/Fall2015, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p64
The article focuses on the hunger issue in the state of New Jersey. Topics discussed include an overview of the hunger issue in the state, the insights of social entrepreneur Henmant Wadhwani on the factors that contributed to the hunger situation in the state, and the food programs adopted by...
- Aboriginal food bank use increases. Goulet, Sharon // Alberta Sweetgrass;Feb2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on the potential increase of the use of food bank services by the aboriginal individuals and families in Alberta.
- second serve. Price, Chris // New Orleans Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on Second Harvesters Food Bank, an organization in New Orleans, Louisiana that provides unused food from conventions and special events to local charities and service agencies.
- Grocery shoppers can aid hungry neighbors with checkout donations. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p35
Details the Food Bank's Check Out Hunger program in Hudson Valley, New York which will begin on September 28, 1997 and end on December 31, 1997. Description of how the program will work.