- Justice jumps on Tenet. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;03/05/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p22
Reports on the fraud lawsuit filed against North Ridge Medical Center for violating federal antikickback laws. Information on the law affecting the lawsuit; Allegations against North Ridge.
- Taking It to the Streets. Harmon, Kelly // Trustee;Feb99, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p28
Reports on the Seventh Avenue Family Health Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Comments from board commissioner Annie Weaver of the North Broward Hospital District; Concept behind Seventh Avenue; Implication of the success of Seventh Avenue.
- Fort Lauderdale. Geronemus, Hillary // Travel & Leisure;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p64
Introduces several hotels and restaurants in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Preparation of American cuisine at Johnny V; Hotel amenities at Atlantic Hotel; Variety of accessories at Las Olas Art Center.
- Veteran Fla. operator Max eyes namesake brand's growth. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;1/24/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p8
This article reports that California-born restaurateur Dennis Max is regrouping to grow his most successful brand, Max's Grille. At the same time, a group that owns and operates two licensed Max's Grille units, in Westin and Fort Lauderdale, Florida, as well as Max's Beach Place in Fort...
- THE NRN 50: R &amo; D CULINARIANS: Calvin Harris. Tice, Carol // Nation's Restaurant News;1/27/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p82
Focuses on the career of Calvin Harris, executive chef of Triarc Restaurant Group based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Career background; Development of innovative menu products; Willingness to listen to ideas.
- SNAPSHOT: Sweet Success. Poe, Andrea // Entrepreneur;Jun2007, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p83
The article focuses on the marketing strategy of entrepreneur Lori Karmel, owner of We Take the Cake, a bakery in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. When she bought the bakery with lackluster sales, Karmel wasted no time in turning it around by enhancing its image. She kept two original bakers who new...
- Former administrator charges discrimination. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/17/97, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p45
Reports on a lawsuit filed by James Como, former associate administrator for human resources at the North Ridge Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, against Tenet Healthcare Corp. for alleged discrimination against black employees.
- Deals roundup. // Medical Device Daily;2/5/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on the agreement of a subsidiary of Tenet Healthcare to sell North Ridge Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Holy Cross Hospital. Holy Cross is a Catholic hospital sponsored by the Sisters of Mary acute care hospital. The deal is subject to customary regulatory...
- Broward brouhaha. Carlson, Joe // Modern Healthcare;2/15/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p0014
The article discusses the legal problems of the Broward Health center, located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It states that the facility has gone through a number of legal issues, the latest being alleged cases of Stark law violations. Meant to oversee possible conflicts of interest when doctors...