Janey Thornton Appointed To Agriculture Department Post
- New Rules Will Change the Face of School Nutrition. // Food Management;Feb2011, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p30
An interview with U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Deputy Under Secretary for Food and Nutrition and Consumer Services Dr. Janey Thornton is presented. She specifies the overall impact of the new federal legislation on schools' nutrition programs. Thornton also mentions the financial...
- Enhancing compliance in the child and adult care food program using digitized photographs. Gould, Susan Martin; Anderson, Jennifer // Journal of Nutrition Education;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p47
Reports on the Food and Nutrition Services's promotion of its Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Provision of complete attendance lists and menus meeting specific nutrition-related criteria; Use of technology to convert CACFP Creditable and Non-Creditable Food Guidelines booklet; Merits...
- An anniversary celebration in the Northeast . . . Boner, Marty // Food & Nutrition (00464384);Sept91, Vol. 21 Issue 1/2, p7
Focuses on the 1989 anniversary of the Food and Nutrition Service's Northeast Regional Office (NERO) that was celebrated by the emlpoyees by means of volunteerism. Activities conducted during the celebration; Reason why the employees recruited co-workers; Benefits gain by the employees from the...
- Operation Of The Program. // Congressional Digest;Jan1981, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p4
Elaborates the operation of the Food Stamp Program in the U.S. as of January 1981. Policies and rules that guide the operation of the program; Administration of the program by the Food and Nutrition Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture in cooperation with State agencies; Information on...
- USDA's WATKINS ASKS: $9.5 billion for child nutrition. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p96
Reports that the United States Department of Agriculture Undersecretary for Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services Shirley Watkins has asked Congress for funds for the agency's Child Nutrition Programs. Details on the agency's National School Lunch program; Amount sought by the agency for fiscal...
- Undersecretary Haas resigns from USDA. // Nation's Restaurant News;02/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the resignation of Ellen Haas as undersecretary for Food & Nutrition Services at the Department of Agriculture.
- Food Stamp Police? Gatty, Bob // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Mar2007, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p64
The article reports on the publication of a white paper by the United States Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition Service opposing restrictions on the use of Food Stamp benefits for specific foods based on their nutritional profiles.
- Hunger Pangs. // Government Executive;Feb99, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p59
Focuses on the efforts of the United States Food and Nutrition Service to fight fraud and fulfill its duty to feed the hungry. Profile of the agency; Decline on the number of employees of the agency; Decline in the number of food stamp recipients; How the agency manages to cope on the problems...
- IN FEDERAL AGENCIES. // Education Week;12/21/1981, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p11
The article reports on the publication of changes to the Summer Food Service Program regulations by the Food and Nutrition Service of the Department of Agriculture in the December 11 issue of "Federal Register."