Volvo honors hybrid system engineers
- Retro-cool. McCosh, Dan; Fritz, Sandy // Popular Science;Oct93, Vol. 243 Issue 4, p35
Reports that Volvo has already phased out CFC (chlorofluorocarbon) air-conditioning in its 1993 product line, three years before US law requires such a move. Now the company is offering an air-conditioning retrofit package for the 1985 through 1992 models of some of its cars. Installation; Cost.
- Volvo reports huge '92 loss. Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News;3/15/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5490, p2
Reports on the 1992 pretax loss of AB Volvo due to continuing weakness in key markets and currency-exchange losses. Cost of shutting two plants; Increase in group revenue; Increase in net income and unit sales of Renault SA, Volvo's equity partner.
- Volvo wants small car. Henry, Jim // Automotive News;4/12/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5494, p8
Reports on Volvo Cars of North America's plans to import small cars that will result from its joint venture with Mitsubishi Motors Corporation. Display of final version of Volvo's 240 design.
- Volvo embarks on campaign to change its image. Wright, Chris // Automotive Industries;Mar1995, Vol. 175 Issue 3, p38
Reports the business expansion plans of Volvo, the Swedish motor company and informs about its new investments, products and activities. Comments of its president.
- Maker considering limits on ownership of stores. Harris, Donna Lawrence // Automotive News;2/10/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5699, p46
Focuses on some of the issues which were addressed by Volvo Cars of North America Incorporated during its make meeting at the 1997 National Automobile Dealers Association. Why the company has considered the idea to limit dealer ownership; Incentives given to dealers by Volvo to upgrade their...
- Volvo for sale? // Automotive Industries;Feb97, Vol. 177 Issue 2, p16
Reports on Volvo officials' denial of rumors that the company is for sale. Affirmation of company's independence and ongoing ventures with Mitsubishi and NedCar; Chrysler as a rumored potential suitor.
- Volvo to pick lead shop to handle global tasks. Kiley, David; Comiteau, Jennifer // Adweek Eastern Edition;4/28/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p3
Reports on Volvo AB's consideration of selecting a lead global agency resource. Bid by Volvo's core advertising agencies for the assignment to launch its large sedan.
- Family values. Gross, Ken // Automotive Industries;Sep94, Vol. 174 Issue 9, p118
Focuses on Volvo AB. Reputation; Marketing and management schemes; Number of cars sold from 1985 to 1994.
- Volvo's next target. Serafin, R. // Advertising Age;1/13/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p46
States that Volvo, already embroiled in a controversy over a spot challenging minivan safety, may now go after sport utility vehicles. New campaign breaking as early as spring; Minivans and sport utility vehicles each accounted for about 20 percent of the four million-unit light-duty truck...