Navistar Engine Group to supply V-8 diesels to Capacity of Texas
- Glasvan Great Dane showcases first pluggable hybrid-electric terminal tractor. // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Sep2009, Vol. 112 Issue 9, p8
The article evaluates the pluggable hybrid-electric terminal tractor (PHETT) from Capacity of Texas Inc.
- Industry Newsdesk. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2004, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p110
Presents news briefs on the truck industry as of January 2004. Contract awarded by Freightliner LLC to the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. to supply truck tires; Extension of the Uptime Guarantee for U.S. heavy-duty on-highway truck engines of Cummins Inc.; Airtek suspension system from Hendrickson...
- Untitled. // Motor Transport;1/18/2007, p15
The article reports on a major contract secured by Great Britain-based Clean Air Power (CAP) to supply between 50 and 70 of its Dual-Fuel gas/diesel truck engine installations to Australian haulier Mitchell Corp. The haulier estimates that the move will generate annual fuel savings of up to...
- Royal Mail tests are 'now complete'. // Motor Transport;8/17/2006, p6
The article reports on the completion of the tests conducted by the British Royal Mail to decide between exhaust gas recirculation and selective catalytic reduction (SCR) engines for its next big trucks order. The completion of the evaluation will allow it to move to commercial negotiation....
- Diesels move into light-duty. Dwyer Jr., John J. // Fleet Owner;Dec97, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p107
Focuses on trends in the use of truck diesel engines. Reasons for the declining use of diesel engines; Advantages of using diesel engines in stop-and-go operations; Maintenance of diesel engines.
- Small in size only. Birkland, Carol // Fleet Equipment;Jan97, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p44
Offers guidelines for choosing which diesel engine to use for a specific medium-duty truck. Features to look for; Design advantages; Ease of driving; Electronic fuel injection; Engines from Ford Truck; Description of the Navistar DT 466E medium-duty engine. INSETS: On the lighter...
- Study finds auxiliary heaters cut idling. // Overdrive;Jan95, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p78
Reports on the on-board recorder study of the idle-reduction capabilities of diesel-fired auxiliary heaters. Participation of Muskota International; Reduction in the idling-time of trucks.
- Having it both ways. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Aug96, Vol. 91 Issue 8, p58
Reports on the extension of motor oil drain intervals in truck engines. Issue of maintaining efficient engine performance; Mack Trucks Inc.'s oil-drain interval for on-highway linehaulers; Benefits of extended drain intervals; Issue of fuel mileage and motor oil use.
- Remanufactured diesel engines gaining popularity among today's truck owners. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/22/97, Issue 322202, p14
Describes the trend towards truck owners' use of diesel engines in the United States. Customers' selection of diesel-powered engines as original equipment; General Motors and Chrysler's increased diesel engine installations in pickup trucks; Comparison between diesel engines and gasoline...