Volvo's truck deliveries down 63% in April
- Volvo Group truck deliveries up in 2006. // Fleet Equipment;Jul2006, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p24
The article reports that the total deliveries of trucks from the Volvo Group's three truck companies increased by one percent in 2006. Deliveries from Mack increased 12 percent and from Renault were up six percent, while deliveries from Volvo Trucks decreased six percent during the period. In...
- Volvo Group's deliveries increase 2%. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2008, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the increase in deliveries of trucks from the four truck companies of Volvo Group through October 2007. The total deliveries amounted to 185,048 representing a 2% increase compared with the same period in 2006. Deliveries from Mack totaled 15,361 while Renault deliveries...
- SWEDEN: Volvo group truck sales flat in May. Roberts, Graeme // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);6/21/2015, p1
The article presents a reprint of the article "Sweden: Volvo group truck sales flat in May" that was published on the website www.just-auto.com on June 18, 2015. Sales of trucks manufactured by the Volvo Group was stagnant in May 2014 whereas its volume increased by two percent and truck...
- SWEDEN: Volvo Group's global truck sales down 9% in July. Leggett, Dave // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);8/25/2014, p5
The article presents a reprint of the article "Sweden: Volvo Group's global truck sales down 9 percent in July," which appeared in the August 22, 2014 issue of "Aroq-just-auto.com." It discusses performance of automobile supplier Volvo Group of Sweden in July 2014. As mentioned, deliveries of...
- Summit: Urgent need for more highway funding. Heine, Max // Overdrive;Dec2013, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p16
The article focuses on the Infrastructure for the Future conference organized by the non-profit American Highway Users and the transport firm Volvo Group held in Washington, D.C. in November 2013, which reflected a need for increased highway funding.
- Volvo investing in truck facility in Russia. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2007, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that the Volvo Group is investing a total of 935 million in an assembly facility for trucks in Russia. The investment is being made to take on growing demand on the fast-growing markets in Russia and the former nations of the Soviet Union. 10,000 Volvo trucks and 5,000...
- CITY SLICKER. // Commercial Motor;8/21/2014, Vol. 222 Issue 5600, p5
A photograph of a Surrey-based West Horsley Dairy Co. delivery truck, carrying multi-drop delivery in Central London is presented.
- Propriety fleet or common carrier? It's a matter of convenience. Emond, Mark // National Petroleum News;May95, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p43
Reports that many jobbers continue to maintain propriety transport fleet for reasons of convenience. Statistics on marketers owning transports; Number of deliveries made by common and propriety carriers; Preference for propriety hauling to avoid liability; Advantages and disadvantages of...
- Trucking 'crucial' to home delivery business. Grabarek, Bill // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on the role of the trucking industry in the home delivery businesses. Crucial role of trucking in home delivery, according to Chris Newton, research analyst for AMR Research Inc.; Cost savings.