Enodis plunges after another warning
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;11/17/2006, Issue 5514, p5
The article offers news briefs related to furniture industry in England. Takeover Panel has advised Aga Foodservice Inc. to decide on the merger proposal of Enodis if it will propose a firm offer to Enodis PLC. Danish homeware retailer Ilva plans to open a clearance outlet in its distribution...
- Natuzzi 2Q profits drop. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p63
Reports on the declining second quarter sales of upholstery producer Natuzzi in Italy. Decrease of the gross profits; Reduction of the operating income; Impact of currency change on prices.
- Forward orders for furniture give 'serious cause for concern', says BRC. // Cabinet Maker;6/10/2011, Issue 5741, p10
The article reports on the statement from the British Retail Consortium (BRC) that sales for furniture and floor coverings in Great Britain has declined sharply.
- Pine decline hits Kimbell. // Cabinet Maker;10/06/2000, Issue 5208, p3
Reports the impact of pine market decline on furniture retailer Richard Kimbell. Appointment of KPMG corporate partner Allan Graham as the joint receiver; Number of establishments and employees; Implication of the market to the company.
- Argos and Homebase suffer fall in sales. // Cabinet Maker;6/18/2010, Issue 5692, p8
The article reports on the decline sales achieved by furniture company Argos and Homebase with the percentage of 5.2 in Great Britain as of February 28 to May 29, 2010 based on Home Retail Group PLC report.
- Great American Oak shuts down. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p4
Reports the closure of Great American Oak, a home entertainment manufacturer in the United States. Focus of owner Earl Payton on other business ventures; Introduction of adult bedroom furniture; Changes in furniture designs.
- Havertys earning drop 23.9% as sales fall 3.8%. // Furniture/Today;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p78
Reports the decline of the earnings per share of furniture retail chain Havertys Furniture in the United States. Cause of the decrease of sales; Projection of marketing; Focus on improving gross margins.
- Gap costs key categories billions. // Furniture/Today;9/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p14
Reports the retail sales losses of furniture industries in the United States.
- Half billion lost from recession. // Cabinet Maker;12/11/2009, Issue 5667, p5
The article reports on the 408-million-pound profit loss of furniture retailers due to the economic downturn in 2008 as revealed by market analyst Plimsoll in Great Britain.