Sakol admits defeat as liquidators take over
- Summer timetables. // Cabinet Maker;07/03/98, Issue 5095, p2
Announces the scheduled for Glasgow manufacturer Sakol and Corinth Designs' summer shutdowns. Reopening dates.
- All change as 1998 gets under way. // Cabinet Maker;01/16/98, Issue 5071, p3
Reports on the senior management changes at British furniture firms Sakol, Kingstown & Furniture Village. Former Meredew cabinets executive Paul Chappelow's position at Sakol; Geoff Brailsford's position at Kingstown; Malcolm Walker's job at Furniture Village.
- Understanding the art of a liquidation from a lender's point of view. Shaw, Eric // Business Credit;Jan1995, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p16
Discusses the practice of asset liquidation in the United States. Collateral review exams and audits; Types of liquidation; Cease and desist versus winding down liquidation; Inventory appraisal; Security considerations; Liquidation administration.
- National Dollar Stores liquidate. // Discount Store News;3/4/96, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p2
Reports on National Dollar Stores' liquidation of its inventory and going out of business.
- Brand-name sale bonanza. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May/June97, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the liquidation of brand name companies at bargain prices in the United States. Includes the sell-off of the Snapple Beverage Corp. by the Quaker Oats Co.; Borden Foods unit of the Borden Inc.; Ore-Ida Foods Inc. of the H.J. Heinz Co.
- Motivation for voluntary corporate liquidations: Distress, agency conflicts, and shareholder gain. Sullivan, Michael J.; Crutchley, Claire E. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Spring97, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p3
Examines the motives behind managers' choice towards voluntary liquidation and categorizes these motives as related to distress, agency conflicts and potential for shareholder gain. Poorly-performing firms' utilization of liquidations as a vehicle to transfer assets to higher-valued uses; Agency...
- Bond distribution is exchange for partnership liquidation. // Practical Accountant;Apr95, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p14
States that Rev. Rul. 95-24 holds that a distribution in liquidation of a partnership interest is an exchange under Section 171(b)(4). Application to the receipt of a bond in exchange for a partnership interest; Partner's basis in the bond.
- Insolvency data shows slight rise. // Credit Management;Dec2011, p8
The article reports on the increase in the number of compulsory liquidations and creditors' voluntary liquidations at 0.1 percent in England and Wales in the third quarter of 2011.
- Liquidation of companies in Hungary jumps in February, Opten says. // Regional Today;3/13/2014, p3
The article reports on the increase in corporate liquidation in February 2014 in Hungary.