Knowing How to Keep Your Best and Brightest
- Why People Leave Companies (and How to Keep Them). Pompeo, Paul // Lighting Design & Application;Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p12
Explores the reasons why employees leave their current place of employment. Transition in replacing mentor or hiring manager; Changes to the bonus or incentive plan; Absence of advancement potential.
- Retaining Top Talent. Ware, B. Lynn // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Jan2008, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p18
The article focuses on the issue of attrition in organizations and how management can counter retain top employees in the company. According to findings of a research on 30 companies, attrition has unseen cost to the company, including losses amounting to $150,000 and annual productivity losses...
- the flagler team. Dreyer, R. S. // Supervision;Mar2001, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p20
Presents an article on employee retention and its importance to industrial management. Significance of updating the management system; Possible reasons for the resignation of employees from a company; Role of job description on the evaluation of an employee.
- The 'Quit and Stay' Syndrome. FEUER, MICHAEL // Smart Business Akron/Canton;Jul2015, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p48
The article offers information on the "Quit and Stay" Syndrome of an organization's employees and its variations. Topics include the "Too Cushy, Too Soon" worker who becomes complacent, the "Hide and Seekers" who work as little as possible for years, and the tough love therapy for the "World...
- What's a Manager to Do? Trinka, Jim // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Sep2005, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on defining which managerial activities have the most impact on improving employee performance and retention. Importance for managers to target their efforts on development activities that ensure that day-to-day work experiences provide learning; Main reason people thrive or quit,...
- Back to basics. Higginbottom, Karen // Estates Gazette;9/11/2004, Issue 437, p84
Discusses ways to prevent resignation of key personnel. Contention of human resources managers on reasons behind the resignation of key personnel; Role of the management in retaining talented staff.
- saving the talent -- taking control of counter offers! Doughty, Susan // Human Resources Magazine;Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p20
The article offers suggestions on what human resource managers should do when faced with an unexpected resignation. According to the author, one option is a counter offer to retain the employee, but a manager should consider all the advantages and disadvantages if he decides to do so. A company...
- What is 'talent'? Hansen, Fay // Workforce Management;1/15/2007, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p12
The author discusses the findings of several surveys related to the management of talent, a term used to identify core group of leaders and key contributors who drive the business forward. In the Towers Perrin survey, only 16 percent of the surveyed organizations have a senior talent management...
- KNOW HOW. Ross, Emily // BRW;8/26/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p67
Discusses ways on how businesses can deal with staff poaching. Reasons why employees move out of their companies; Factors to consider in assessing the impact of a key employee's decision to leave on the organization; Strategies in retaining important employees.