Discovering Relocation Home Loans
- The price is right...or is it? Oliver, Geoffrey A.; Kogler, Bernadette // ABA Banking Journal;Apr96, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p46
Discusses the difference of the accounting standards for mortgage servicing between the fairmarket value and the economic value of mortgage servicing rights. Questions raised as the differences are determined; Impact of Financial Accounting Standards Board Statement 122; What is the economic...
- Doel out the opps. McDermott, Darius // Money Marketing;2/23/2006, p92
The article reports on the departure of Phil Doel and his whole British team following the announcement that DWS company was to be acquired by Aberdeen LLC. Doel's announcement to depart in the mortgage industry has caught the attention of moneylenders. Doel and his team were to relocate to F&C...
- Responsible Subprime Lending vs. Predatory Lending. Jacob, Andy // Business Journal (Central New York);10/20/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p28
Compares responsible subprime lending and predatory lending practices in mortgage loan servicing in the United States. Attacks directed against subprime lending from community groups; Definition of irresponsible lending; Casualties of subprime lending.
- Brokers Are Staying With B&C. // Broker Magazine;Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p12
Discusses the results of a survey conducted by 'Broker' magazine and its affiliate Mortgagestats.com, which shows that subprime lending remains a staple of the mortgage business. Respondents to the survey; Total subprime lending per company surveyed; Percentage of companies' total production...
- SUBPRIME. Finkelstein, Brad // Broker Magazine;Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on regulatory, legal and financial problems facing the subprime lending sector of the mortgage industry. Factors behind the collapse of the subprime market; Allegations made against the sector; Message sent by lenders and brokers involved in the subprime originations business when...
- Accelerating borrower equity. Madison, Juliette B. // Mortgage Banking;Sep95, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p87
Presents a high loan-to-value (LTV) loan that can accelerate the equity accumulation without increasing a borrower's monthly mortgage payment. Increase in the demand for high LTV mortgages in the United States; Offering of affordable mortgage financing to the increasing number of minority,...
- A poor performance. Monsen, Gordon // Mortgage Banking;Jun96, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p14
Discusses the quality of mortgage loans originated from 1994 to 1995 in the United States. Concern on the higher levels of delinquency and foreclosure among mortgage origination; Factors that led to the onset of foreclosure in the mortgages; Comparison of credit use by borrowers during and...
- Key trends in subprime. Schneider, Howard // Mortgage Banking;Apr98, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p14
Highlights key trends in the subprime lending market in the United States as of April 1998. Traditional mortgage lenders' entry into the subprime market; Increase in subprime delinquencies; Consumer debt levels; Growth of the subprime business of ContiFinancial Corp.
- ORIGINATORS DECONSOLIDATE. Muolo, Paul // U.S. Banker;Jan2001, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on the United States mortgage origination business' deconsolidation trend as the servicing side of the business consolidates. Role of the Internet; Third-party and direct lending; Problems created for loan originators who work for big companies.