Surviving Internet Speed
- Superhighway patrol. Armstrong, Helen // People Management;9/16/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p60
Deals with the level of awareness of employers of their Internet-related liabilities and finds out how some are defining the rules of electronic communication. Findings of a survey on the legal use of the Internet; Statements from a senior manager at a large City accountancy firm; Areas of...
- Intelligent comparisons promised by e-auction tool. Bagshaw, Steve // Supply Management;5/25/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on the development that will be made by the U.S. firms in the online procurement system in Great Britain. It has been revealed that two U.S. firms arrogate that they will revolutionize online procurement with a system that uses artificial intelligence. Developers forecast...
- eVolve to the Paperless Way. Henderson, Lisa // Applied Clinical Trials;Sep2008, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p12
The author reflects on the significance of an electronic file system in having a convenient workplace management and data security. She emphasizes that the benefits of such a scheme is that companies are able to achieved flexibility, ease of use via Web browsers, and real-time data access. She...
- NEW PRODUCTS. // CEE News;Oct2001, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p45
Features the compact solid-state relay assembly, an electronic device designed for applications. Design of a three line voltage ranges model; Capacity of electricity for the device; Procurement system of the contractors processing time through the Internet.
- THE HIDDEN COST OF P2P. Spangler, Todd // Interactive Week;2/26/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p13
Provides information on the increasing use of peer-to-peer computing (P2P) application in the Internet. Implication of the rising use of P2P to Internet service providers (ISP); How P2P differs from other applications; Move of some ISP to limit the use of bandwidth.
- Bit by bit: Why use serial communications? Hoske, Mark T. // Control Engineering;Jan2009, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p15
The article focuses on the reasons why serial communications are still being used in various industries despite the availability of digital industrial networks. Jim Toepper, product manager for the connectivity group of Moxa Americas, cites some reasons behind the existence of serial...
- Coming through loud and clear. Newcome, Tim // Nation's Business;Jul96, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p7
Presents the author's business principles as owner of Newcome Electronic Systems in Columbus, Ohio. Importance of communication; Giving attention to details; Meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- The gap in subsystem testing. Reinertsen, Don // Electronic Design;07/16/98, Vol. 46 Issue 16, p64R
Discusses the importance of doing subsystems tests for companies to have an effective component testing processes. Reality of subsystem testing; Reason why finding problems in a well-designed subsystem test is cheaper and faster than finding the same problems in a system test; Two reason why...
- E-Government and Homeland Security. Gordon, Paula D. // PA Times;Jan2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p7
Presents recommendations for improvements in the use of electronic technology on federal government's homeland security efforts in the United States. Consolidation of information and data; Existence of training and education program; Utilization of e-technology and Internet.