Got a Reputation? Be Sure It's the One You Want
- A new Visual Image Rating Scale for females: Correlations with measures of relative fatness... Goldberg, Jeanne P.; Lenart, Elizabeth B. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Jun96, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p1075
Describes the development of a new Visual Image Rating Scale for females from a computer-reconstructed photograph to produce figures with realistic three-dimensional contour and different types of fat and muscle distribution. Estimation of the construct validity of the scale in assessing body...
- Success begins with great expectations. Basile, Frank // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/23/95, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p39
Opinion. Discusses self motivation and expectations as a basis for success.
- DEVELOPING A SELF-REFERENCING SYSTEM: The Matrix (Part II). Kaparo, Risa // ETC: A Review of General Semantics;Spring97, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p77
Part II. Discusses how to develop a self-referencing system. Forms of intelligence; Exercises in checking one's forces; Description of the Weber-Fechner principle; Aspects of functional integration scope.
- Reliability and factorial structure of an Arabic translation of the self-consciousness scale. Bendania, Ahmed; Abed, Adnan S. // Psychological Reports;Dec97 Part 2, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p1091
Presents a study which looked at an Arabic translation of Fenigstein, Scheir, and Buss's 1975 Self-consciousness scale. Uses of the scale; Methodology of the study; Results of the study.
- We see is what we think, part II. Uyehara, Denise // Lesbian News;Mar95, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p61
Part II. Discusses the author's effort to determine a person's view of the world. Posting of pink sign to the door; Call for self-reflection.
- When you're upset: How to sooth yourself. // Glamour;Feb94, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p86
Discusses the importance of learning to address personal problems through self psychotherapy. Traditional outlets of the depressed to comfort themselves; Alternative comforting technique.
- Language in an image. Mansell, Darrel // Criticism;Spring99, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p187
Asserts that language and image are two irreconcilable image systems. Semiotic challenges of language in an image; Defining characteristics of language and image; Analogies between language and image; Essential differences between language and image; Paintings that serve as examples.
- Image and Self-Image Among Hungarian-Americans Since the Mid-Nineteenth Century. Vardy, Steven Bela // East European Quarterly;Fall2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p309
Focuses on the self-image transition of Hungarian-Americans. Reason for the beguilment of people in the United States (U.S.) on aristocracy; Prestige of Hungarians in the U.S. during 1821 to 1852; Conclusions.
- After Imagining: Imaginations. // Imaginations Journal;2010, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the inaugural issue on topics including critical exchange between communities of interrogations and practice, the use of determined images linked to Canadian spaces and identities, and the role of album covers in jazz music.