Foreclosure Action Filed Against Indiana Housing Project
- Arizona Road District Bond Deal Includes Unique City Guarantee. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;06/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31161, p6
Reports on the issuing of multi-million dollar road improvement district bonds for the town of Buckeye, Arizona, in July 2001. Dain Rauscher Inc. as underwriter of the negotiated deal; Financing of a water and sewer line for a residence area; Pledge of city to foreclose on delinquent assessment...
- Banks Vow to Foreclose If Ecuador Misses Payment . KRAUS, JAMES R. // American Banker;9/28/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 186, p5
Focuses on the plans by banking companies to foreclose on collateral supporting Ecuador's foreign bonds if the country defaults on interest payments. Controversy over the Ecuadorian government's decision on the issue; Value of bonds involved.
- When foreclosure fails: New solutions sought for land-backed bond defaults. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30230, p37
Focuses on the search for alternatives to foreclosures for land-backed bond defaults in California. Conditions of the property market to back bonds making it vulnerable to foreclosures; Example of an alternative in San Diego County where a drive was launched for boosting property marketability.
- Senate Approves Housing Bill That Expands Private-Activity Cap. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;4/11/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32855, p5
The article reports on the approval of the housing bill that issues $10 billion bond capitalization in the U.S. The bill allows state and local agencies to use the excess bonds to refinance and offer new mortgages, and finance multi-family housing developments. The fund allocates $4 billion for...
- Ice rink deals melting away. GALLUN, ALBY // Crain's Chicago Business;1/28/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p0003
The article discusses the default on construction bonds of two hockey clubs located in Chicago, Illinois. Information is given on the foreclosure filed by a trustee on Leafs Hockey Club in West Dundee for a alleged failure to pay its bondholders. It also discusses the default bond issue of the...
- Stimulus or Slashing to Fight the Housing Slide? Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32857, Special section p15
The article focuses on the implication of the significant budget challenges in Florida in the wake of its rising unemployment and home foreclosures worsened by the national economic downturn. The deterioration of its economy prompted Moody's Investors Service to put negative outlook on its...
- The Financial Crisis and the Forgotten Law of Contracts. Cohen, George M. // Tulane Law Review;Nov2012, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p1
At the bottom of the financial crisis lie failed contracts. Failed contracts are the stuffof contract law. Yet, to date, most discussions of possible responses to the financial crisis ignore contract law. To the extent contract law makes an appearance, the assumption is usually that the...
- Bush Threatens to Veto 'Unnecessary, Costly' Foreclosure Prevention Bill. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;2/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32825, p4
The article reports that the U.S. President George W. Bush administration threatens to vote against the Foreclosure Prevention Act of 2008. Administration officials said that the measure containing bond-related housing proposals is unnecessary, costly, and counterproductive. They urged the...
- Bondholders Sue Over Defaults At New York City Airport Hotels. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31792, p3
Reports on the lawsuit filed by investors in two airport hotel bond deals against Field Hotel Associates to foreclose on the hotels. Facts of the case; Worth of interest payments in debt; Defaults of the partnerships under the guaranty and security agreements.