Nuveen's Big IPO Raises the Question: Is It Demand, or the Brand?
- Fresh Off Success, Nuveen to Price Six New Closed-End Funds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/7/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31219, p38
Reports the plan to price set of six closed-end municipal bonds funds by Nuveen Investments in the United States. Increase in the demand for products of the company; Reimbursement of the funds for fees and expenses; Registration of Nuveen with Securities and Exchange Commission to sell million...
- Muni CEFs Manage to Avoid Volatility of Their Brethren. Seymour, Dan // American Banker;7/15/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 108, p11
The article discusses the relatively steady performance of closed-end municipal bond funds during 2010. Unlike closed-end funds related to stocks, bank loans, and other securities, the municipal funds have shown comparatively little volatility and recorded steady monthly gains. The largest...
- HIGH YIELD BOND FUND PERFORMANCE. // Leveraged Finance News;9/2/2013, Vol. 3 Issue 33, p10
A chart is presented that lists high yield bond fund performance of funds including Third Avenue, Nuveen Sym, and Aegis High Yield.
- CLOSED END LOAN FUND PERFORMANCE. // Leveraged Finance News;9/2/2013, Vol. 3 Issue 33, p11
A chart is presented that lists closed end loan fund performance of funds including Nuveen Float, Apollo Senior Float Rate, and BlackRock Flt Rt Inc.
- Nuveen Investments Launches New High-Yield Municipal Bond Portfolio. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p32
Reports that Nuveen Investments has launched a closed-end fund that will invest in high-yield municipal bonds. Amount of the raised fund; Advantages of investing in high-yield municipal bonds; Issuance of preferred shares at low short-term rates; Manager of the fund.
- Short-Term Muni Funds a Good Fit in Current Rate Environment. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p6
Provides information on short-term municipal bond mutual funds. Comparison of net inflow of short-term funds to net outflow of long and intermediate-term funds; Details of net inflow of taxable bond funds, according to data from Washington D.C.-based institute.
- Is bigger better? In today's illiquid market, not necessarily. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p2A
Focuses on problems in the municipal bond market that affected large and small funds. Illiquidity of tax-exempt bond funds; Investors' lack of interest; Difficulties in managing a large fund during the illiquidity crunch; Descriptive data comparing the performance of large and small funds.
- Mutual funds gain overall, despite national fund losses. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;02/04/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30324, p6
Focuses on news and trends in the municipal bond funds market of the United States as of February 4, 1998. Positive cash flows from municipal bond mutual funds; Gains by single-state funds; Effect of the intangibles tax in Florida; Factors driving state funds' performance.
- Muni Funds Lead Pack. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/10/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31424, p1
Reports on the market performance of municipal bond funds in the U.S. Average return of taxable funds; Total return of mutual fund-tracking service; Increase in the interest rates.