Union Seeks Referendum Over Denver's COP Deal for New Hotel
- Plans for roof may cave in for developer. Jesitus, John // Hotel & Motel Management;11/6/95, Vol. 210 Issue 19, p82
Reports on the disagreement between the Denver Urban Renewal Authority and the Saint Louis-based HBE Corp. over the expansion of Adam's Mark Hotel, at Denver, Colorado. Redesigning of the hotel's proposed porch roof as one condition that must be met before the Denver Urban Renewal Authority...
- Organized labor wants you--but do you want it? McLaughlin, John // Restaurant Business;4/10/94, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p19
Reports on the labor movement of the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees International Union (HEREIU). Organizing the nation's casinos; Louisiana Restaurant Association (LRA) sponsored anti-labor union movement; Wages at the Southern gambling joints.
- Boycott launched against L.A.'s New Otani Hotel. // Hotel & Motel Management;2/5/96, Vol. 211 Issue 2, p30
Reports on the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees' boycott of the New Otani Hotel & Garden in Los Angeles, California.
- Labor, management team up at Pittsburgh hotel. // Lodging Hospitality;Nov96, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p11
Describes the paid-time-off and problem solving committee features of the contract between the Doubletree Hotel in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees International Union Local 57. Number of paid vacation, sick, personal and holiday leaves.
- Marriott workers unionize after long debate. // Hotel & Motel Management;11/6/96, Vol. 211 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the agreement by California's San Francisco Marriott hotel to let the city's Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees International Union represent its employees.
- Feds oversee hotel union. // Lodging Hospitality;Nov95, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p13
Reports that the Department of Justice has placed the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees International Union under federal supervision. Reason for the monitoring.
- Southwest bond-watch. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;03/09/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30594, p27
Reports on developments related to the municipal bond market of Southwestern States as of March 9, 1999. Includes House of Representatives' approval of two bills that would raise the state tax on both gas and diesel fuel; Possible downgrading of PorterCare Adventist Health System by Moody's...
- Denver authority sees bonds as integral part of airport overhaul. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;02/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30831, p4
Reports on the Colorado-based Denver Urban Renewal Authority's plan to issue bonds to help finance the redevelopment of the Stapleton Airport. Background on the proposed redevelopment program for the closed airport.
- Denver Bonds Retire Early. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/10/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32896, p8
The article reports that bonds used to relocate the Elitch Gardens amusement park from its historic home in north Denver to downtown have been paid off nine years ahead of schedule in Colorado. It states that the early repayment of the bonds will save the issuer, Denver Urban Renewal Authority,...