Chicago Fed Index Falls to -0.89
- News In Brief: Leading Indicators Rise 0.3% in Oct. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p2
Focuses on composite index of leading economic indicators (LEI) in the U.S. according to a Conference Board report. Statistics related to composite index in different months of 2001; Prediction of economists regarding LEI; Effect of the September 11 terrorist attacks on the index.
- Data vintages and measuring forecast model performance. ROBERTSON, JOHN C.; TALLMAN, ELLIS W. // Economic Review (07321813);1998 4th Quarter, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p4
Shows that the choice of data vintage can be important when comparing the performance of competing forecasting models of real output. Distinction between simulating actual real-time forecasts and pseudo real-time forecasts; Examination on whether composite leading economic indicator can help...
- September leading indicators. // CIBC Observations;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the retention of the CIBC indicator of economic growth, EconoNet in September 1999. Implication of the continued expansion of the economy of Canada through the fourth quarter of 1999 by the uptrend in EconoNet and sustained growth in the United States; Increase in the CIBC indicator...
- How we put the index together. // New Hampshire Business Review;12/17/99, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p16
Cites the ten major indicators that were reviewed in the `New Hampshire Business Review'-Granite News Service Index of Leading Economic Indicators in New Hampshire, from 1984 to 1999. Includes unemployment and job growth; Personal income; Rooms and meals tax collection; Construction contracts...
- Leading Economic Indicators Up 0.1% in Aug. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;9/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34380, p14
The article reports that the composite index of Leading Economic Indicators rose by 0.1 percent in August 2015.
- On the Economy. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;07/19/99, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p17
Presents information on the economic indexes called United States Business Index and Small Business Index. Measurement of business conditions across the United States by the United States Business Index; Small Business Index's measurement of business conditions from the viewpoint of small...
- Area's Economy Steams Ahead During March. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;5/3/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p3
The article reports on the increase of the University of San Diego (USD) Index of Leading Economic from 100.7 in March to 109.0 in April 2010 in California.
- Leading Indicators Rose 0.4% in Oct. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p2
Reports on the rise of the composite index of leading economic indicators in the U.S. Percentage increase in the composite index.
- Chicago Fed Index Slips to 0.01. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p2
Reports on the decline in the Chicago Fed National Activity Index (CFNAI) in the U.S. Negative reading for the CFNAI-three-month moving average.