Chicago Park District to Manage Debt With 'Surgical Refunding'
- Chicago Parks to Dip Into Surplus; Bolster Short-Term Borrowing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30957, p3
Reports on plans by the Chicago Park District in Chicago, Illinois, to issue tax anticipation warrants in August 2000 in order to allow the agency to forgo issuing any general obligation debt during the rest of the year. Routine capital expenses; Moody's Investors Service's assignment of a top...
- Chicago Parks Gear Up for $40 Million in Revitalization Deals. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;04/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30873, p6
Reports on the plan of the Chicago Park District to offer bonds. Capital plan for the fiscal year 2000; Structure of the planned bond issue.
- Chicago Park District hopes adding to issue will raise future capacity. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/04/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30533, p5
Discloses the plans of the Chicago Park District to add $19 million of refunding bonds to its $45 million new-money issue. Efforts to generate up-front savings for future capacity; Creation of future opportunities for borrowing to continue the capital program.
- For taxpayers, a walk in the park. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/02/96, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p10
Opinion. Comments on the 1997 spending on the Chicago Park District in Illinois.
- Park District's new HQ game plan. Daniels, Steve // Crain's Chicago Business;12/11/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p3
Reports that the Chicago Park District has dropped plans to renovate a West Side building and is likely to move to downtown Chicago, Illinois. Lease negotiations entered by the Chicago Park District; Impact of the Soldier Field renovation project on the Chicago Park District; Key features and...
- Ethnic group denied permit to erect statue of political figure in park. Kozlowski, James C. // Parks & Recreation;Jul95, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p20
Discusses the federal lawsuit filed by El Comite Pro-Celebracion Del Centenario Del Dr. Pedro Albizu Campos, a committee established to celebrate the centennial of the birth of Pedro Albizu Campos, against the Board of Commissioners of the Chicago Park District claiming that the board violated...
- Retrofits save Chicago parks 29.1 million kwh/yr. Nelson, Kessel L. // Energy User News;Mar1997, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the Chicago Park District's lighting and controls project aimed to reduce the city's annual electricity consumption by 29.1 million kilowatt hours and improve light and security levels in 400 recreational parks and facilities. Estimated project cost of $16.5 million; Completion of the...
- Throwing away a $2-mil. athletic field a bad play. Daley, Vi // Crain's Chicago Business;8/18/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p18
The article presents the author's views on the Chicago Park District's application to the Chicago Plan Commission for an artificial turf soccer field in Lincoln Park in Chicago, Illinois. In 2006, the park district made an agreement with the Latin School to construct the field. The author says...
- MIKE ROYKO FACES TREE SURGERY. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;12/04/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 49, p48
Informs that the Chicago (Illinois) Park District is moving trees planted in the spot known as Royco's Grove along Lake Michigan, which were planted as a tribute to the late columnist Mike Royco.