Bayou Giant Faces Limits
- Louisiana agency encounters hurdles in loan pool effort. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;04/23/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30378, p29
Reports on the loan pool remarketing effort in Louisiana by the state Public Facilities Authority (LPFA). Value of the loan pool; Terms of the loan program; Comments from LPFA executive director James Parks.
- Louisiana agency juices up loan program for students in need. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/21/97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p10
Reports that the Louisiana Public Facilities Authority (LPFA) issued over $43 million in bonds in July, 1997, aimed at generating funds for its Super Trust Origination Program (SuperTOP), which offers federally guaranteed student loans at a rate of one percent below the federal government's...
- Louisiana authority announces equipment loan pool plan. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30782, p3
Reports on a loan pool being pieced together by the Louisiana Public Facilities Authority to help local governments, school boards and nonprofit hospitals finance equipment purchases. Plan to request debt authorization at the State Bond Commission' monthly meeting; Deal handling by Moran Keegan...
- Louisiana finance authority seeks diversification in slow bond market. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/29/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30320, p1
Reports on the Louisiana Public Facilities Authority's plans to move beyond its traditional role as the state's most active conduit issuer and leverage expertise in carrying out bond deals to help small business and local governments. Plans to standardize and distribute documents on industrial...
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;05/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30641, p30
Presents the results of negotiated municipal bond sales in the United States as of May 14, 1999. Includes Louisiana Public Facilities Authority; Mississippi Development Bank; Ellis County.
- Louisiana agency wants to sell bonds to shore up retirement systems. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;04/22/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30377, p3
Details the Louisiana Public Facilities Authority's (LPFA) efforts to again seek legislative approval to sell taxable pension obligation bonds to pay off unfunded, accrued liabilities in three state retirement funds. Value of the bonds; Aspects of the preliminary plan for the bond; Failure of...
- Louisiana PFA fights back with lawsuit against lawmakers. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/05/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30698, p28
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the Louisiana Public Facilities Authority (LPFA) against lawmakers. Constitutionality of three laws passed regarding the LPFA.
- Louisiana High Court Backs LPFA's Bonding Power. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31228, p26
Focuses on the approval of laws aimed at limiting the bonding authority of the Louisiana Public Facilities Authority (LPFA) in Louisiana. Control of the legislature over the LPFA; Mandate on the increase in the number of board members; Specifications for the review of the annual budget by the...
- Louisiana Bond Commission approves $820 million of deals. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;05/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30646, p5
Focuses on the deals approved by Louisiana's State Bond Commission on May 20, 1999. Includes revenue bonds that will be issued through the Louisiana Public Facilities Authority to benefit the CHRISTUS Health Project; Plan of Saint Charles Paris to sell refunding bonds on behalf of Entergy...