Moody's Finds Higher Tax-Exempt Issuance by Private K-12s
- Lott: School bond bill faces uphill fight. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30662, p36
Reports on the problems being faced by a plan to issue tax-exempt school construction bonds in Washington, D.C.
- Groups push senate to support bond bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/13/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30640, p6
Focuses on an alliance's call for senators to support a bill aimed at expanding the use of tax-exempt bonds for school construction in the United States. Creation of the category of private-activity bonds for school construction; Most important source of capital for public school construction.
- SOUTH CAROLINA: School BABs Are State's First. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/11/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33130, p9
The article reports on the $25 million of Build America Bonds (BABs) sold by the Anderson County School District No.1 in South Carolina. The district became the first issuer in the state to sell BABs in a deal that could save $4 million over traditional tax-exempt financing. BABs were sold...
- Tax Bill Provisions May Spur Flood Of School Construction Issuance. Kinnander, Ola; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;05/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31149, p1
Reports the approval of a bill with tax-exempt bond provisions by the United States Congress. Expectations of bond market participants for an increase in the issuance of school construction bonds; Effectivity of the bill bond provisions; Measures dropped from the tax bill during final negotiations.
- California Supreme Court OKs Bonds for Some Religious Schools. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/6/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32580, p28
The article reports on the decision of the California Supreme Court to approve the plan of religious schools and colleges to issue tax-exempt bonds through conduit issuers in the state. The approval would create a precedent that will be widely used in the state. Others find the tax-exemption did...
- Ohio schools press forward with taxable gas deal. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/30/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30777, p3
Reports that the city of Hamilton, Ohio will forego tax-free status on a $91 million gas supply revenue bond issue on behalf of the Ohio Schools Council. United States Internal Revenue Service's scrutiny of tax-exempt bond deals; Provision to allow the bonds to revert to this status; Comparison...
- Bush Seeks New School Volume Cap. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p1
Reports on United States President-elect George W. Bush's proposal to create a public-private partnership program that would allow school districts to issue tax-exempt private-activity bonds that are exempt from states' bond volume caps for school construction and repair. Comparison of the plan...
- IRS: Interest on Erie, Pa., District's Bonds May Be Taxable. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p30
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) notification to the Erie, Pennsylvania, City School District that the interest in its tax-exempt bonds may be taxable because of its use of option escrow. Auditing of the bonds; School district's belief that it has complied with the...
- Cleveland Port Agency Dipping Into Reserves to Redeem Bonds. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/27/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32949, p4
The article reports on the redemption of $5.7 million in tax-exempt bond by the Cleveland Cuyahoga County Port Authority in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. The authority is dipping into its reserves and taking out a short-term bank loan for the bond redemption which comes after Myers University was...